Welcome Cosmos Collision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome Cosmos Collision

Hello Dave, I did some research over the weekend and I am going to get a Makita polisher with a loop handle and a Porter cable to apply sealant and wax. I am going to try some wax that is made especially for white coloured cars, not sure if it will work.

I use a rotary polisher, but for the first two steps only as I prefer to do everything by hand. Properautocares.com sells a polisher that runs at 480 rpms. It sounds good to me, so I'm going to try that one too. Might be that it's not going to removes any clear coating.

Comment

Loc,

Before you pick up the Porter cable, did you do any research into the Flex 3401VRG.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/machine...-beginner.html
      http://forums.corvetteforum.com/car-...ter-cable.html
      http://properautocare.com/flxcdupo.html

I am far from an expert in the area but everyone seems to be praising the Flex.

Let me know how things work out for you. Would be great to learn some tips from the pro.

David

Comment

Originally posted by dave335 View Post
        Loc,

Before you pick up the Porter cable, did you do any research into the Flex 3401VRG.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/machine...-beginner.html
        http://forums.corvetteforum.com/car-...ter-cable.html
        http://properautocare.com/flxcdupo.html

I am far from an expert in the area but everyone seems to be praising the Flex.

Let me know how things work out for you. Would be great to learn some tips from the pro.

David
        Hi Dave, have a brand new Makita and love it, a lot smoother,quieter than Dewalt plus it has the soft start ( start low then rpm speed up ).
        Still looking for a power wax applicator that run at around 400-500 rpm.

Comment

coming by friday at 3, finally made a appointment to get a estimate done. see ya

Comment

to cosmos, I have major rust problems on the front wheel well where the mud flaps would usually go. I can see it starting to creep through the door side with the doors opened. Its troubling to imagine that the repair for this might be too problematic, that it would be a lot easier to just trade it in for a new one. But I love the good old Jetta. Do you guys tackle rust repairs like mentioned? If you need I can probably drop by so you could examine the damage. Can you help my car :(
            Last edited by onepointeightdub; 05-01-2009, 03:52 PM.
            drive green ||
            2003 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8T - ex old fun car
            2011 Mercedes Benz B200 Turbo - daily getter

Comment

I'm stopping by tomorrow, Loc is going to help me with some detailing and I'm going to leave the car with him to have their "3m" guy re-do some bits that have yellowed.

I'll post up a review and some pics when I get the car back next week!
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

nice kris.. i PM'd loc about fixing some of my weak spots on my car and doing some special paint work..

Comment

Disregard my post above I fixed it myself. Not bad for a DIY rust repair... No before and after pics though..
                  drive green ||
                  2003 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8T - ex old fun car
                  2011 Mercedes Benz B200 Turbo - daily getter

Comment

Originally posted by cosmos View Post
                    Hello GTI Canadian,
                    If you can take the spoiler off yourself, I can smooth the texture out and paint for $200.
                    Just to be clear. I would need the lower half of the rear bumper, the side skirts and the lower front lip painted.

So if I remove them myself, you will sand smooth and paint to color match Relfex Silver for $200 including taxes?
                    Last edited by GTI CANADIAN; 05-12-2009, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Met Loc today. Good guy. Got a tour of the shop, and some good painting advise. Pretty nice cars out front too (minus the various dents...)
                      Stefan
                      -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                      -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                      -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

My wife took the Volvo there a couple weeks ago to get some insurance work done. VERY happy with the result, looks good and was pretty quick too.

It wasn't a huge repair but the car was very well taken care of.
                        Last edited by Tuna; 07-03-2009, 09:59 AM.
                        Jay

Comment

Loc,

Have a 2004 Mazda3 Sport in Gray that needs a respray on the Driver's mirror. Let me know when and if this is something you can handle or alternatively, where would a good place to go to get it fixed be?

Regards, Rob.
                          Rob
                          Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                          Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

yea Loc going to be coming by in the new few weeks with the allroad and the s4 to fix the minor boo boo on the allroad and for a quote some big work on the s4

thanks

Comment

I had some warranty work done a couple of months ago and wanted to share my positive experience with Loc at Cosmos. The full story is here:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=244335

When I first saw the car, I was very impressed with how things turned out. From the outside, the trunk/hatch looked absolutely new. Loc really took pride in his work and it showed.

- Paint quality and color is absolutely perfect. I did a very thorough examination in two different types of light and from different angles.
                              - They fixed a falling headliner at the same time.
                              - Only OEM parts were used. A new latch and emblem, were installed. The emblem was perfectly straight.
                              - They even washed the exterior, floor mats, and sprayed the tires!

Overall, I’m very happy with the work done. I was very pleased with the service and worksmanship provided by Loc at Cosmos and would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.
                              Last edited by rojhero; 08-28-2009, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Who should I talk to at Cosmo's?

I've had my car repaired there after an accident in 2004, but it hasn't seen a body shop since.

Anyways lots of little rock chips etc. I want to get somebody to look at it and see what's the best (and most economical) route to getting it back into good shape.
                                2011 Frontier DD
                                2007 BMW 5'er (wifey's)
                                2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd FrankenTurbo & Meth

Comment

Working...
                                X