Windshield condensation (inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield condensation (inside)

Since you are all great diagnosticians...

Car = Mk4 Golf w/ 115k

For the past 2 days when I've gotten to my car at the train station after work, my windshield has either been completely frozen (yesterday = cold) or completely covered in condensation.

Vortex thoughts = heater core or water leak somewhere. I haven't looked at my coolant level yet, but I've got good heat (to dry the window off). The carpets seem relatively dry (no more wet than is normal for this time of year).

My rear washer nozzle is busted and moves with the blade....is there a chance I'm dumping washer fluid inside the hatch because of this? Haven't had a chance to pull the hatch apart to look yet.

Thoughts?
    Jeff

2017 Sportwagen
    2016 .:R (sold)
    2013 Golf TDI Wolfsburg (sold)
    2001.5 Audi S4 (sold)

Re: Windshield condensation (inside)

Originally posted by Jester B
    My rear washer nozzle is busted and moves with the blade....is there a chance I'm dumping washer fluid inside the hatch because of this? Haven't had a chance to pull the hatch apart to look yet.

Thoughts?
    Theres your problem, I had mine bust a year or so back, there is a copper tupe that runs the center to the pivot for the whipper, chances are that is broken. I took the motor apart, took out the brass piece, then I went to the hobby store and found a piece of brass pipe that would slip over the piece. The pipe I found was a little too big but I just crimped it a bit on the ends. I then cut off the broken piece, cut it in half and extented as needed. I then soldered the whole thing together and reinstalled it. BTW the part is not available by itself, you have to buy the whole rear motor. Hope that helps.
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Soooo, any trick to getting at the rear wiper motor? Or, is it like the rest of the interior and held on with plastic clips?
      Jeff

2017 Sportwagen
      2016 .:R (sold)
      2013 Golf TDI Wolfsburg (sold)
      2001.5 Audi S4 (sold)

Comment

The only one that sticks out in my mind is the two screws in the pull down handles.
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
        X