No announcement yet.

Help, where have all the dings gone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, where have all the dings gone...

So last week I noticed that some of my "ding" sounds don't come on anymore. For instance, when I leave my lights on and turn off the car, no ding. When I start up the car, the seatbelt sign will go off, even though I have not buckled up. When I open the drivers door, the interior lights don't come on, but if I open the passenger door, they do.

If anyone has had this happen to them or anything like it, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks

Matt
    Matt Likes Chicken
    Matt Hates Liver
    Meow Mix Meow Mix
    Please Deliver

Re: Help, where have all the dings gone...

what model of car is it?
    i had my drivers door pin on my mk3 jetta go. its just a rubber boot over the pin and when that goes water can get in and cause problems like that...
    it was cheap to replace.. so maybe something to look into..

Comment

It is a MK4 GTI.

I will look into that though. Sounds possible.

Thanks
      Matt Likes Chicken
      Matt Hates Liver
      Meow Mix Meow Mix
      Please Deliver

Comment

the mk4 door pin is built in to the latch mechanism, and ya, they do fail. The worst is if you unlock your car and get out and walk away, the car doesn't know the door was opened, so the security system re-locks the car, so don't leave your keys on the seat if you are working on the car . There are some other threads on this, and maybe even a fix/mod. Does that car still have warranty? its about a 125$ latch i think.
        Stefan
        -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
        -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

I had that happen to me its covered under warranty if you've got any left on your car. I believe there was a recall a while back regarding the passenger side rear door, I took the car to the dealership to get it fixed, they noticed car wasn't making any "ding" sounds so they fixed that up as well.
          Last edited by BoraMK4; 11-14-2006, 11:45 AM.
          Got 5?

Comment

Nuts... It doesn't have any warrenty on it. Oh well. I have to get it fixed.

Thanks for the input guys.
            Matt Likes Chicken
            Matt Hates Liver
            Meow Mix Meow Mix
            Please Deliver

Comment

Working...
            X