stupid question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid question

can you get remote car starters for a manual tranmission? I have a '02 GTI and Puneet (BoraMK4) was telling me that you shouldnt do it because it messes with the ECU or something.. but is it possible and is there a specific starter that is recommended so that the ECU doesn't get messed with?

Re: stupid question

Yes but to do it right it's expensive. A MK4 is over 8 hours install time and you need to burn one of your keys (I used the valet key). Or buy another from the dealer for 175 or so.

My compustar was almost 1000 and done at Audio Concepts Mobile. Visions, A&B will not touch manuals.

Khyron
    Geoff
    Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Audio concepts quoted me $300 installed on my 99 GTI...
      I'd like to make a statment!
      2012 Q5
      2011 A5

Comment

Yeah, I know future shop sells them and will do them. Its not really an issue of it being manual, thats not a big deal, but a lot of guys hate touching Volkswagens.
        When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Comment

Visions would actually install it but they will make you sign a waiver form. So I assume u still havn't gotten your underground parking spot yet?
          I parked my car today and bought a 92 Jetta to drive for the winter.
          Got 5?

Comment

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/pr...=1161838474787

Yes, Go Canadian!
            Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
            You dig sucka?!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitcheh
              Audio concepts quoted me $300 installed on my 99 GTI...
              Bring in an MK4 with imbolizer and see what they say.

The artic start/compustar has mile range, the others I've used even get blocked by snow. Can close windows/sunroof from far away and pages you if a door opens or your bat is being drained. But got to pay to play.

Khyron
              Geoff
              Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

so the fact that it's manual isn't an issue then? you just have to remember to keep it in neutral when you park it?
                dude that artic compustar sounds pimpin.... how much?

so most places hate touching volkswagens because of the ECU? is there a place i can go that won't screw with the ECU, or should i just back away slowly and forget about it ....

yeah p-diddle, no underground parking yet. *rest of this paragraph deleted - long story*
                Last edited by timdog; 10-26-2006, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Don't go to A&B sound. I got screwed there. cost about 1100 bucks took the car back 3 times and it still didnt work properly. I finnaly took it in and they charged my another 200 bucks to take it out and throw the fricken thing away. Needless to say I was not pleased and havent bought another thing from that place in the last 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Khyron
                    Bring in an MK4 with imbolizer and see what they say.

The artic start/compustar has mile range, the others I've used even get blocked by snow. Can close windows/sunroof from far away and pages you if a door opens or your bat is being drained. But got to pay to play.

Khyron

Touche
                    I'd like to make a statment!
                    2012 Q5
                    2011 A5

Comment

Working...
                    X