Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

installing aftermarket deck..Help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing aftermarket deck..Help please.

ok so i bought a wiring harness finally to install my deck. i used the little metal tools u get when u buy after market decks to remove my stock stuff, which worked good until i went to pull out the factory radio it pulled half the face plate instead of the whole unit , my fault for being dumb. now it doesnt light up and the buttons dont work.

anyways, i took everything out, but there is 2 plug ins from the factory wiring a black one, and a brown one. how do i know which one plugs into which in the new harness. they are both identical except on the harness the top half is for speakers and stuff, and the bottom half is power and ground and all that. i tried searching on here and vortex but i still dont know if the brown is for speakers or black? i dunno this may sound confusing to u guys.
    Justin

Re: installing aftermarket deck..Help please.

If I remember correctly, I thought the brown was for the rear stock disc changers, so with an aftermarket deck just don't worry about it.
    When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Comment

The big black and brown plugs are not identicle, look at the abs on the top one is in the center the other is off to the side. The instructions will tell you which is which. As for the faceplate you just did reseat it right, there is a coinnector on the faceplate as it can come off, atleast on the single DIN there is, not sure which one you have. The yellow/green/blue connector is for your rear changer and or monsoon I believe.
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

the wiring harness doesnt have any directions, and i dont have a rear cd changer. but ill attempt this install again right now.. also i have a double din, i think thats what it is called. the factory radio, and the factory cd player on top.
        Justin

Comment

There should be a wirring pinout on the top of the deck, match up the wires to there, most harnesses and aftermarket decks match the colours.
          Name: Brent
          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

gimme a shout man,
            jeremy.rae@shaw.ca
            I'll walk ya through it, if you live close enough I'll show ya
            or post PM
            1) 2007 Candy white MKV GTI. DSG, votex kit, 19" Privat netz, tinted tails, smoked side markers & mirror signals, 20% tint, TT stubby, APR sport 3" turbo back exhaust, ABD stage 2 cold air intake. GONE.
            2) 1993 Green Corrado VR6. ABD intake. FK Silverline coils, Zimmerman cross drilled & slotted rotors. GONE.

Comment

ok thanks for the help guys.
              i truly do feel dumb though, when i removed the stock stuff last night i got overwhelmed by all the wires. it was dark and i didnt notice that the two plug ins where a little different. but i got it all installed and working.
              Justin

Comment

Working...
              X