"It now seems that we will be using the Scirocco name."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "It now seems that we will be using the Scirocco name."

"In perhaps the least surprising move in recent automotive histroy, Volkwagen has essentially confirmed that the production version of the IROC concept will revive the Scirocco nameplate. We'd have never guessed, what with "Scirocco" already clearly emblazoned across the concept's grille. Anyway, Auto Express reports that at the Paris motor show, a Veedub spokeswoman said, "It now seems that we will be using the Scirocco name."

It now seems? Lady, did you see the concept car before Paris? I mean, come on. Anyway, mark your calendars: the warm desert wind blows back into showrooms in 2008."

Link

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/10/08/s...nto-showrooms/

Re: "It now seems that we will be using the Scirocco name."

Thank god. If they named it "IROC", I would be embarrased to say im a v-dub owner.

As for the car itself, im not too sure if I like it or not. I think some of the proportions are little off and make it look funny. It might be a different story once I see it up close.
    Tint sucks

Comment

Well if it is coming into showrooms in 2008, chances are the car wouldn't look like the concept that much. Although I do like the wheels. Overall the car is nice and unique.
      Matt Likes Chicken
      Matt Hates Liver
      Meow Mix Meow Mix
      Please Deliver

Comment

I will be placing my order as soon as the first one rolls off the production line.
        It's time for an honest pint

Comment

Originally posted by mr_barbeque
          I will be placing my order as soon as the first one rolls off the production line.
          Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
          You dig sucka?!

Comment

In the words of Stewie Griffin "and the key to a Volkswagen scirocco, who has one of those, they don't even make them anymore".
            Name: Brent
            His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
            Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
            X