Wiper Blade question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiper Blade question

My wipers on my mk4 gti are shot. I need some new ones but i wanna get some good ones. Where can i pick up a pair of good wiper blades around the city? Thanks guys.
    sigpic

Re: Wiper Blade question

cheap good solution is oem rubber replacement, and keep the metal part. dealer has them

*then you can keep that wind deflecting piece on the driver side blade.. cause it really does help, and aftermarket doesnt have it
    Last edited by stefan; 10-02-2006, 02:03 PM.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Aero wipers!
      Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

^^ what are those and where do i get them?
        sigpic

Comment

The new generation aero-twin wiper blade offers improved wiping quality with a unique design that more evenly distributes pressure on the windshield. Unlike conventional wiper blades with articulated sections, the aero-twin blade is pressed onto the window with two pre-curved spring rails, improving pressure distribution. By eliminating the traditional sections, airflow turbulence over the blade is reduced and wind noise is significantly lower.

With the integration of a spoiler, the blade helps provide clear vision, even when the vehicle is traveling at high speeds. The absence of the wiper blade superstructure also enables the aero-twin blade design to outperform conventional wiper blades on winter days by reducing snow and ice build-up.

I think Simon at EU Tuning can get them but not cheap as you need new arms too I believe.
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

yeah, if you are going to swap everything, those are they way to go.. simon l. can get 'em i think. i've been meaning to do the same because mine are in rough shape.

**ok, you beat me to it... yeah, arms get replaced too. simon sent me a price, but i seem to have deleted the PM
            Last edited by stefan; 10-02-2006, 02:28 PM.
            Stefan
            -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
            -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
            -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
            -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Those are awesome! dealerships doing carry them? Any guess on price?
              sigpic

Comment

They were not cheap last time I looked - think in the 200 dollar range. I'm sure Ryan had them at one point or another. :P

Khyron
                Geoff
                Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Oh ok. Maybe i will just get the rubber. The best is just from the dealership?
                  sigpic

Comment

if you want to save some money, and your wiper is not bent or anything, then just try to wipe the blade with CLR or some kind of cleaning detergents with clean cloth.

usually what happen is, pollution, grease build up on blade, creating thin layer of oils around blade, therefor it is not cleaning wind shield well.

i just cleaned mine last Friday, and it works like brand new now.
                    Last edited by white46; 10-02-2006, 02:39 PM.
                    99 BMW e46 323i SOLD
                    08 MB W204 C300

Comment

get the aero wipers if you can.....awesome performance (if you can call it that when talking about wipers lol) in the winter, and they look great too!

$105USD on ECS Tuning's website...best deal around
                      Kyle
                      2000 Audi S4

Comment

Thanks Guys
                        sigpic

Comment

yes i got my from simon a while ago, they are nice, look better too. same for the rear, skoda wiper baby!
                          2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                          2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Working...
                          X