Quick Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question

Hey I got my milltek exhaust installed awhile ago, but from time to time it moves and it slides to the left and makes a clanking noise against my cut out in the bumper, even melted some of the plastic.

The exhaust is loose, like I can move it with my hand from side to side, got it installed at minute muffler but the guy said the hanger included with the exhaust didnt fit, so he said he customized it.

I was just wondering if I should get another hanger put on? if possible or if I should get them to weld on a hanging bracket? any other suggestions?
    Kenny

Re: Quick Question

Yeah take it to caroline muffler in englwood. (sp) see eric or one of his guys. They will fix it right up for you and get it nice and solid. you wont have a problem after that.
    sigpic

Comment

Carline muffler off McLeod Tr. is the place you want to go.

5908D Macleod Trail Sw

Present
      2010 Audi A4 S-Line
      2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
      2003 VW Jetta GLI
      1992 VW Jetta GL
      1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns
        Carline muffler off McLeod Tr. is the place you want to go.

5908D Macleod Trail Sw
        I didn't really like Carline on McLeod, they kinda didn't take the care I would have liked on both my visits there, and the welding was below par.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Thanks for the info! will check it out.
          Kenny

Comment

Originally posted by Swoosh2
            Thanks for the info! will check it out.
            You might want to ask about switching from any kind of rubber/poly hanger to a chain hanger...
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

i agree about carline they are hit and miss about there workmanship.
              just say you want it repaired properly and you'll be advertising for them.

Comment

when i had my exhaust installed it did the same thing, move from side to side on the hanger. what i did was buy a clamp at the hardware store that would fit over the hanger; it looks like a U with a nut and bolt. then i just moved the exhaust to where i wanted it and secured the clamp to the hanger. it worked perfect.

Comment

Working...
                X