Removing cluster help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing cluster help

The plastic cover on my guage cluster is very dirty inside and has a gross film. I wanna try and remove it to clean it. ANy one know how to do this? i have no idea where to even begin and i dont want to break anything. thanks guys!
    sigpic

Re: Removing cluster help

the rubberish things on top of the steering column? basically grab it and pull it. on some cars you have to pull really hard. in rare cases the clips can break... others dont, once you pull it out you can grind the clips down a bit so next time its easier to pull out.

if you are talking about the screen, then once you do the above, there are 2 torx's holding cluster in underneath it, undo those and pull the whole cluster out. DONT try taking the plastic off from the front, it doesnt come off!!!

then there will be like 6-8 more screws on the back of the cluster holding the front plastic on and 2 tabs, undo all that and the front screen will come off...
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Just pull? how? that sounds risky. how do i even grab it?
      sigpic

Comment

grab what, that rubber steering column thing under the cluster? i dunno with your fingers...
        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Working...
        X