Smasharoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smasharoo

well, i'm parting out my TDI in plans to trade it in for cash because i just picked up a new car. its a '05 2.0 golf. with roughly 25,000 kms anyways i bought this car about 2 weeks ago for dirt cheap! it was such a steal. and when all is going well this is what happened today!

it happened at the corner of blackfoot and southland drive. i was yeilding to a car when some douche bag came flying around the corner and hit me. the car's going into A1 asap. (haha didn't bother with coachworks alex, thanks!) as for getting fixed they said it's all booked up till late october. so thats not any better. eff i wish some people would just pay more attention when there driving.

as for the police officers that "served" me. and i might get flamed for saying this. COMPLETE A$$HOLES. i wasn't treated with an ounce of respect. honestly its ageism! because the other guy was treated super nicely. anyways on with the pics.

i don't think it will buff out.

Re: Smasharoo

ouch

take it to screamin paintworks...i have a hail damage claim going to them right away...fast and they do great work
    Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Comment

i've been to screamin' before and if it were anything out of my pocket i'd defenetly go to dan. but i'm going to go to A-1 and have the hatch shaved, get R 32 tails, and a euro bumper out of this guy's insurance.

Comment

Ouch! that sucks man. At least you can get some upgrades done while you're at it, eh?

Just a quick suggestion, check the door frames etc. My sister got rear ended (with way less damage than that visible on the rear end), and didn't take it in right away since it didn't look that bad. As it turns out, none of the doors on the passenger side will open. Go figure she didn't notice this until about 2 months after the accident, so needless to say the lady that hit her says no way that was from me. So now her car only opens on one side. I'm sure you've probably gone over it with a fine-toothed comb to find damage, but just thought I'd mention this since it isn't the first thing you'd think to check when rear-ended.

Comment

yea i've heard the same thing. all doors do work however the pass. side right door looks like its sticking out a little too far.

Comment

Wow, that sucks....particularly the part where you got treated badly because of your age.

You'll also want to pull the carpet out of the back and check around the well that your spare is sitting in (behind the back seat). When I got rear-ended in my Corrado, that crumple zone had folded a bit.

Good luck with the repairs and I hope you are physically feeling ok....
            Jeff

2017 Sportwagen
            2016 .:R (sold)
            2013 Golf TDI Wolfsburg (sold)
            2001.5 Audi S4 (sold)

Comment

Have them go over everything and do not accept the care until it is perfect. Trust me everything gets tweaked and trunks are a pisser to get aligned right.
              Name: Brent
              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

weaksauce

Comment

Sorry to hear about your bad run... but Im looking forward to see what you do to it. Your pretty good at modding so nows an excuse to get a head start
                  Chris :

2004 Jetta TDI Sport SOLD
                  2010 Toyota Tundra CrewCab TRD

Comment

Sorry to hear, bro! I got rear-ended last year in similar circumstances - yielding to a pedestrian when the person behind me wasn't paying attention.

I only had minor damage (cracked bumper) but it still is a giant piss off - not helped when you have to deal with ******* cops.
                    2008 Audi RS4
                    2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Crappy luck, hope the repair goes well and I guess we got to see pics of your new car now too
                      Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 09-20-2006, 07:13 AM.
                      Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Sorry to hear about this.
                        billip
                        2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

I say Booo! Good thing no one was hurt.
                          Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
                          You dig sucka?!

Comment

i don't know about you but i think you should've blanked out your license plate
                            number before flaming the cops.
                            cheers to your health.

Comment

i formaly filed a complant anyway, they have all the info they need.

Comment

Working...
                              X