Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade possibilty!!!

Hey everyone,
    A guy on vortex really wants to trade me cars. There would obviously have to be an exchange of money in my favor but I wonder what you all think. I would definately keep the 301's and get some csah on top. What do you think would be fair. Not sure If I want to do this but just thinking about it!

Car in question....
    1993 VR6 corrado with 37,000 original miles!!!

I'm really torn as I love corrados however I totally love my GTI. Also, I thought there might be some rule agains importing corrados from the US to canada.

All opinions and thoughts welcome!!
    Derek
    Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
    -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
    -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Re: Trade possibilty!!!

Would you not miss your SC?

Id keep the GTI but thats just me.
    Graeme

2015 S4
    2018 Monster 1200S

Comment

That's a really tough call. The corrado is in amazing shape and would look nuts with some 301's

I dunno dude. Just follow your gut instinct.
      Tint sucks

Comment

Yeah I would definately miss the GTI and the charger but with some of the extra $$$ I could buy a kinetics kit and have boost again!!

I don't know! Deep down inside I like my GTI better I guess but I get like this every year this time when its time to store the car!!

Derek
        Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
        -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
        -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

I could see how you'd be really tempted that is a sweet car!!

Personally, I'm not sure what I would do I think i'd keep the GTI though. Corrado's are renowned for problems and issues which ends up causing you to have a love/hate relationship with them. (didn't someone on here recently have a dash fire on a 93?). I tried to play that aspect down when I wanted one and bought it anyway. Low mileage, BC car, got it checked out, thought I did everything right but it was just a drain on my bank account and my patience. I DID have a G60 however so that's a bit different. I absolutely LOVE Corrado's but don't know that I would ever buy one again seeing as you can basically get the same performance out of a GTI with a lot less hassle (but the Corrado will ALWAYS be hotter than a GTI).

Not sure on the importing side, it's less than a 15yr old car (obviously) so I guess you'd have to see if they allow you to import them and what changes need to be made (for example I don't think the US cars had DRL's).

Also, you probably know this as you've been into VW's for way longer than me but....

Those US spec seatbelts are quite annoying and are a common thing to break (they are the ones that slide across when you open or close the door, like the old chev cars here).

And, there was a dash change in mid 93, the later dash was much nicer than the older style, it may not matter to you but might be worth asking about. The 93.5 cars are more desirable.

Having said all that, if I WAS to get a Corrado it would be a 93, that year had the least amount of problems and recalls when it was new. The 92 they made a bunch of changes that makes them undesirable (for example they went to the VR6 half way through the year but kept the 4 bolt. The 92's can be found in both the G60 and VR6 trim). There was a big miss mash of parts. And the 94 although almost as good, had issues as they were being fazed out.

Tough call man, good luck.
          Last edited by Tuna; 09-13-2006, 10:49 PM.
          Jay

Comment

I love the rado's myself and I'd be tempted... you would be giving up 4 years of "newness" ... and knock-on-wood the GTI hasn't given you any problems... The SC has been reliable, and even with all the problems I've had with my GTI over the past years, the charger has never really been one of them...

How's that turbo'd engine rebuild coming along Graeme?

Tough call.
            Rob

2004 VW R32

Comment

Hey Derek,

I suggest you take my R28 for a ride before you do anything rash. Its for sale. I am in negotiations with EC for a new project car series.

Cheers!
              Doug N.

Comment

i'd keep the GTI.. or get dougs car lol that'd be sweet

Comment

Keep the GTI
                  Blair
                  Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Keep the GTI....or I'll haunt your dreams for not selling it to me. The Rado is sick, but it's got nothing on your GTI!
                    Last edited by Smarty39; 09-14-2006, 07:45 AM.
                    Kyle
                    2000 Audi S4

Comment

GTI out the door....usher in the 'rado, supercharge it, and actually drive the damn thing! I would totally take a VR in a second, I would question a G60 though.....That would be the SLC model correct (they had those in the US only?).....

Better yet, tell me how much he wants for it, and I'll hit up that clean ass ride...
                      Last edited by Aleks; 09-14-2006, 07:42 AM.
                      2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                      2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                      2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Uhh Derek?
                        I think your head needs to shake, so please give it a shake.

Corrado = sh*t compared to your GTI.
                        I'd like to make a statment!
                        2012 Q5
                        2011 A5

Comment

Id be pretty sad to see that GTI leaev the city! The rado is in some crazy good shape, but so is your GTI...so I say keep it!

besides, Tan interiors suck teh bag! If you want a toy to keep you happy for the winter, might I suggest this bad-ass wip?!

http://www.thedov.com/forum/index.php?topic=103603.0
                          REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                          -james

Comment

I wouldnt even consider it. Your GTI is sweeter than any Corrado could hope to be.

Present
                            2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                            2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                            2003 VW Jetta GLI
                            1992 VW Jetta GL
                            1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Don't do it!!
                              2008 Audi RS4
                              2015 Fiat 500 Abarth