No announcement yet.

Oh Sh*t, Another Wheel Repair Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Sh*t, Another Wheel Repair Thread!!!

So sorry about this...

I'm meeting with Andre @ 861-3582, mobilewheelrepair.com. Is this the same guy that some of you have dealt with? I'm not sure how many of these guys are around town. Feedback welcome.

Re: Oh Sh*t, Another Wheel Repair Thread!!!

he's a good guy, and I have seen good work from him. bring cash for best deal.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Thanks Stefan. Did you ever get that screwy wheel fixed?

Comment

sadly, no. Andre spent a lot of time on it, but its bent really goofy. i think if i put a new tire on it, it might be ok, as the tire is damaged and causing some of the wobble. He said he got it very close, to the point where one shouldn't feel it, and it isnt that bad. I think i will take it to CMS come winter and see if they can ballance it with a new tire on. I just think it will be hard to find a tire guy that won't just say "it's no good, better buy new wheels" without trying to ballance it. I'll have to talk to CMS bob and see what can be done.
        Stefan
        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Sounds like you're almost there. Definately worth trying to balance it out with new rubber on it. Those wheels look good on your car; it'd be a shame to have to replace them.

Hopefully Andre can work some wonders on my rim. I have my doubts though...it's pretty f'd up. I'll post some before and after pics for anyone who's interested.

Comment

I need some curbage fixed, is this Andre guy going to be cheaper/better than AWR?
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

price was a little cheaper i think, but way faster (like 2 days instead of 3-4 weeks), and from what i have seen, good.. can't say better or worse, as I have nothing to compare to.

someone here had their wheels refinished by andre right before the sylvan lake cruise. cant think who...
              Last edited by stefan; 09-11-2006, 03:37 PM.
              Stefan
              -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

What kind of price range are you looking at? I've just picked up some older bbs's that need some help, rash on all of them. They're straight or true or whatever, Just looking like they have herpes. lol.
                LOGAN
                94 Jetta mk3 constant evolution

Comment

Working...
                X