VAG-COM Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VAG-COM Solution

they do give full tech support if you register. thats weird that they wont honour upgrades.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Well really it doesn't surprise me too much, they don't make much money on the hardware and it is not like they can resell the trade-ins they get. It is not like the trade in is a good deal anyways. If you have a newer cable you could sell it for more then you would trade it in.
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

That's lame. When I got my vag-com I called Ross-tech and they just told me to get it at Sensolutions.
        Chris

Comment

you are eligible for this with a Sensolution cable:

http://www.ross-tech.com/Merchant2/m..._Code=Outright

Not as good as the trade-in, but better then nothing.

Stefan Helmer wrote:
          Hi, I have a KEY-USB cable that I picked up at Sensolutions in Calgary Alberta, and have registered the product with you. Am I eligible for the upgrade pricing to a CAN interface? Word is that the cable must come direct from Ross-Tech to be eligible.
          thanks,
          -Stefan Helmer

Stefan,
          Sensolutions produces their own hardware, so you would not be eligible for the trade-in offers on our site. You would be eligible for this OUTRIGHT upgrade if you send the KEY-USB to us:

http://www.ross-tech.com/Merchant2/m..._Code=Outright

Effectively, the most credit we could give you for a trade-in would be $100 (retail value of the license embedded in your interface). Since it's an "OEM" interface not purchased through Ross-Tech, the hardware itself has no trade-in value to us. You may want to check with Sensolutions to see if they offer upgrades.

Regards,
          Andy
          Last edited by stefan; 09-01-2006, 11:03 AM.
          Stefan
          -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Well that is a bull$hit statment right there, there is no difference between a ross-tech and a sensolutions key series. Now sensolutions doesn't manufacture the hex series but my bet is that they take the tradein hardware throw a new case on it and program a new license in bamo back on the shelf. If anyone does want to upgrade let me know, I can't make any promises but I can atleast look into it for you.
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

so if one were to cover licence cost + labour, sensolutions should technically be able to but the CAN interface hardware into my current KEY+USB, no?
              Stefan
              -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Maybe, not sure if they have finished their CAN design yet and I am sure if would be all different hardware anyways.

Comment

Where can I download this freeware version of the software?

Comment

Ross-techs website I believe.

Comment

This will be the cheapest method. Best of all they are in Canada.
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GS300...mZ330032088539
                      Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
                      You dig sucka?!

Comment

Working...
                      X