Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I go back to the same dealership?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I go back to the same dealership?

Hey guys,
    since buying my car a 2 months ago, I've had to take it in for service 3 times for a CEL. Each time northland has come up with something different(MAF sensor, turbo regulator valve of some sort, and a turbo pipe). The car has a pretty bad idle sometimes. I'd say like once every 2 weeks, then the CEL kicks in. I would have thought this would be a electrical thing because it only happens once and a while, so coil packs came to mind. I suggested this to northland but I they said no, it wasn't the coils. The car is under warrantee its a 2001 1.8T Golf GLS. Should I go back to northland? or try one of the other VW dealerships?

Re: Should I go back to the same dealership?

hey koke, unless you've moved to the north Id hit up Dave over at Southcenter, he'll treat you right.
    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
    -james

Comment

Come to a meet and hopefully someone can scan your car, then you can research the codes online. But yes, I'd take it to a different dealer just for a possibly different solution. Dave at Southcenter would be a good choice. :P

Khyron
      Geoff
      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Originally posted by James
        hey koke, unless you've moved to the north Id hit up Dave over at Southcenter, he'll treat you right.
        Originally posted by Khyron
        Come to a meet and hopefully someone can scan your car, then you can research the codes online. But yes, I'd take it to a different dealer just for a possibly different solution. Dave at Southcenter would be a good choice. :P

Khyron

Thanks for the props guys..

Kiwi, I'll look at it at SCFC. I have some ideas on what it may be. You may want to book it in at the end of the month, I'm going on a well deserved vacation to the motherland (Ontario!!) and won't be back until then. Cottage country here I come!!!!!
        Last edited by VAG_Tech; 08-03-2006, 08:01 AM.
        Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
        You dig sucka?!

Comment

Working...
        X