Tranny help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny help!

MY transmission seems to be a little sticky today. the shift leaver is harder to move and seems to stick. it also seems not as smooth when changing gears even with the cluch fully to the floor. ANy way i can check or adjust anything. any way to check or add transmission fluid if need? need help asap. thanks!
    sigpic

Re: Tranny help!

Hrm, I had something like this happen on my Jeep. It turned out to be that the clutch master cylinder was low on fluid. Not sure if you have a hydraulic clutch, but that'd be a good thing to check if you do. (master cylinder fluid level, and if it's low, check for a leak along the lines or at the slave cylinder...) Hopefully someone on here that knows VW's a bit better can fill ya in if it's a hydraulic or mechanical clutch linkage. (Or you may be able to tell right away from looking under the hood.)

Comment

Yeah the cluch fluid looks good. I read on the internet some other vw people had this problem then they had a tranny flush and refill with new tranny fluid and the problem seem to be gone. that sound true?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The_Stig
        Yeah the cluch fluid looks good. I read on the internet some other vw people had this problem then they had a tranny flush and refill with new tranny fluid and the problem seem to be gone. that sound true?
        I certainly can't see it hurting anything! And if it fixes the problem, bonus. Plus the shop you take it to to get the tranny flushed may have heard of this type of problem before, and know about a quick/easy fix.

Comment

Ok first of all how many km do u have on the clutch??
          have u greased the shifter linkage recently???
          is there any slippage ?
          what year is the car????, that will drastically change the type of linkage and adjusting techniques. and the other thing u cant do a tranny flush on a manual transmission, u can drop the fluid and replace it but a flush shouldnt be able 2 be done. check your owners manual for adjustment tips for the lines2 the tranny. try some of these things and hope fully it will work out 4 u

Comment

and speaking of tranny help does anybody know where I can get a clutch kit for a 1986 audi 4000s 2.2L 5 cylinder with a 5 speed tranny type 093???

Comment

Working...
            X