Alignment After Suspension Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment After Suspension Install

I need a consensus here...I've searched and can't find a consistent answer: How much should I drive my car after I install my H&R Cup Kit? I might install it in one city (where tools are plentiful) and drive it home (240km) to go back to work. Am I good to drive back on the highway before getting an alignment, or should I get it done BEFORE I come back home (drive on the highway)??
    '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
    --DUBS--

Re: Alignment After Suspension Install

From what people have told me, drive a couple weeks on the new setup to let it all settle in.

I drove about 4000km on my suspension and still haven't had it aligned. Just got new tires so I plan on doing that this week or next.
    I'd like to make a statment!
    2012 Q5
    2011 A5

Comment

Re: Alignment After Suspension Install

After I put my 20AE suspension on there was no noticable change in alignment (other then caiber which they can not adjust). Since then the alignment was done again (at 5th ave after the accident) and it was still near or within spec. Really when you change suspension you are not moving any of the pivot points but you are changing the caiber due to the control arms sitting more horizontal. When you do the rear you don't even touch the torsion beam and on the front the ball joints don't move and the top mount is the same so there is nothing to worry about in my opinion.
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
      X