Problem with projectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with projectors

Hey, yesterday I bought the FK Dual Angel Eyes chrome headlights with the projector from Concept 1 for my Mk 4 GTi. I put them in and aligned them, but when I turn them on, the light coming out of them is no different than the drls. Also the light isn't really that good when it hits the ground. For instance when driving on a road without street lights, I have to turn on my fog lights, which provide LOTS of light. I am just a little confused because I honestly can't remember if with the old headlights did they also provide the same light as the drls when the lights were turned on or did they get brighter.

If anyone with the projector lights from FK can give me a hint or a hand, it will be much obliged.

Thanks in advance.

Matt
    Matt Likes Chicken
    Matt Hates Liver
    Meow Mix Meow Mix
    Please Deliver

Re: Problem with projectors

Fog lights shoot forward, low beams are downward. Brightness depends on the bulb more than anything, but if you go up against a wall, the light should be pretty clear.

If they are NA spec both sides will raise up a bit. Maybe take a pic in a dark garage...

Khyron
    Geoff
    Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

The annoying thing with them is that they provide very little light. Is that just because they are halogen and I need to get the HID conversion kit?
      Matt Likes Chicken
      Matt Hates Liver
      Meow Mix Meow Mix
      Please Deliver

Comment

The real problem is the fact that you bought FK.

An HID drop in would help with lighting.
        Tint sucks

Comment

maybe it's the alignment procedure

try the one here if you haven't yet
          http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/aim/aim.html

eyeballing to aim lights doesn't work well, I've tried.

satnam
          put.......put.......

.... ... .. .

Comment

My post above is Halogens, and the FK projector is pretty much the same as my Helix and any other one. It's a glass lens. So if you're light is a lot less than above, you should try a better bulb. I have the Silverstars which people seem to like, but are a bit $$.

Khyron
            Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by Khyron
              My post above is Halogens, and the FK projector is pretty much the same as my Helix and any other one. It's a glass lens. So if you're light is a lot less than above, you should try a better bulb. I have the Silverstars which people seem to like, but are a bit $$.

Khyron

What kind of H/L's do you hve Khyron?

Have any front shots?

Comment

Originally posted by Khyron

Khyron

I have what I think is stock halogen 55 W bulbs. It is what Curtis gave me when he sold me the FKs. I am gonna go and get some Silverstars later today. I had them in my old car and they did make a decent difference and I don't mind the price too much anyways.

Thanks.

Satnam: I just looked at the link you provided and it seems pretty intricate, but I will give it a try.

Thanks all for the tips!

Matt
                Matt Likes Chicken
                Matt Hates Liver
                Meow Mix Meow Mix
                Please Deliver

Comment

Originally posted by jazzgtivr6
                  What kind of H/L's do you hve Khyron?

Have any front shots?
                  Thread here: http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=8635

Bulbs are H1s for highs and lows, and h3 for fogs.

Khyron
                  Geoff

Comment

I've never had any luck with silverstars. When i had them, they both burnt within a day or two of each other almost exactly 6 months after i installed them.

I bought those night hawks after and they've been going strong so far *knock on wood*

aside: i've been thinking about getting those projectors for a while now, but the FK name kind of scares me away. i've heard stories about people buying them and the whole projector housing jiggles when they go over a bump. are they really that flimsy?

Also, are they e-code or DOT spec? glass or plastic lens covers?
                    Last edited by zilla; 06-26-2006, 10:45 AM.
                    Tim
                    "When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer."

Comment

For 500 bucks they better not be flimsy, but any product has defectives. But reviews on vortex seem more or less good. Pretty sure they are all plastic covers, mine are ecode so I suspect fks are as well.

Khyron
                      Geoff

Comment

I love PIAA head light bulbs, bought them for my stock mk4 lights and i love them, night hyper white, and very bright!
                        sigpic

Comment

PIAA are also rated higher than 55 Watts and you risk melting your headlight wiring.
                          Tim
                          "When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer."

Comment

oh dident know that! havent had any problems yet so i should be ok! hopfully.
                            sigpic

Comment

I have the FK lights and I can say I don't like the light output all that much. Part of it is due to the thick protector I have on it and part due to the fact they need re-aligning though. I also like the way I wirred them I have the eyes set up as the fog switch and the fog lights set up as the rear fog switch. I also changed the LEDs to suit too.
                              Name: Brent
                              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
                              X