Boost Guage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost Guage.

I am wanting to get a single boost guage for my car. I was curious which you guys thinks looks best, mounting on the a piller, stering colum, or any where else? And how trick is it to install these boost guages? thanks.
    sigpic

Re: Boost Guage.

a pillar.. omori/awe.. no more discussion

Comment

what are stewart warner guages like?(concept1) match stock colors?
      sigpic

Comment

I was always partial to the steering column ones, more discreet...easier to see

some of them are too big and will obstruct the cluster tho....
        REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
        -james

Comment

Originally posted by James
          I was always partial to the steering column ones, more discreet...easier to see

some of them are too big and will obstruct the cluster tho....
          Any you can recamend that would like nice? not to be and with close matching colors as possible?
          sigpic

Comment

i have a VDO gauge w/ the blue light in it (from concept1). The blue colour match is near perfect, but the needle doesnt show up very bright orange with a coloured bulb.
            Stefan
            -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
            -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
            -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
            -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

I like the look of the steward warner from concept 1. where do you have urs located? how hard and how long does it take to hook them up.
              sigpic

Comment

a-pillar. not to hard, but patience is required to get a snug fit. As far as tubing goes, my TDI will be different, so I dont know.
                Stefan
                -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

i was thinking either a piller with the carpeted pod, or the sterring collum setup?
                  sigpic

Comment

I have a Stewart Warner Gauge. I did the steering column pod. I have perfect match LED from 42 draft designs. It matches the cluster great. I am very happy with the set up. Those who have seen it have also liked it.

Comment

I have a VDO on the pillar with the perfect match LED....the colour is ok, the needle is dim (not invisible though)......sure the Omori guage is about the best for lighting, but seriously you're paying $150 more just for that? not worth it IMO
                      2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                      2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                      2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

yeah i was thinkin bout picking one up myself.... but i would definatly want a piller one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                          a pillar.. omori/awe.. no more discussion
                          I'm with Ryan on this one...even though I can't afford one for myself...
                          '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
                          --DUBS--

Comment

Have you considered the new guage that newsouth performance released? I'm thinking of picking one up. Here's a link: http://www.newsouthperformance.com/indigo.htm
                            Tint sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Duby T
                              Have you considered the new guage that newsouth performance released? I'm thinking of picking one up. Here's a link: http://www.newsouthperformance.com/indigo.htm
                              !!! Haven't seen that one yet. Tempting indeed! 70 bucks is a damn good price.

Khyron
                              Geoff
                              Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Working...
                              X