Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting and Balancing 19's

Hey guys...
    Anyone know what it will cost to mount and balance a set of 19's? Also, what should I look for in a place that can do it? I thought I heard about so-called 'touchless' tire mounting machines? Should I beware of certain places?
    '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
    --DUBS--

Re: Mounting and Balancing 19's

Not sure about what places are in Saskatoon but I got mine done at Contemporary Motorsports. Not a single mark on the wheel as they have all the high tech equipment.

I would never take them to any old tire mounting place. Look for a place that specifically deals in mounting high end wheels/large wheel sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by nismodrifter
      Not sure about what places are in Saskatoon but I got mine done at Contemporary Motorsports. Not a single mark on the wheel as they have all the high tech equipment.

I would never take them to any old tire mounting place. Look for a place that specifically deals in mounting high end wheels/large wheel sizes.
      Don't know if we have any 'high end' places in good ol' Toon Town. Everything for cars sucks here...lol. I actually have an email into a friend of a friend at Flat Out Performance to see if they'll do it. Also, I have a feeling I should try Performance Plus. Any price ideas?
      '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
      --DUBS--

Comment

There are definately places in Saskatoon that can do it. I can't think of a place off hand but it's really not a big deal to mount and balance 19's, considering many factory cars are now equipped with 19's.
        2004 Nissan Murano

2006 BMW 330i, 6 -speed, Sparkling Graphite, Sport package, Premium package

Comment

Apparently you should be looking for a shop with "Hunter TC3500 mounting equipment" - I guess you'll just have to phone around?!?

I'd start with Steve at OK Tire or Kelvin's (on Dudley).
          http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...nip/NewSig.jpg

Comment

Kelvin's, that's one of the shops. They did great work. They mounted tires on Brocks for me. But Devon has even more specific info so maybe just listen to him. BTW, you guys done exams yet or are you still writing???

Devon did you get you new rims yet????
            2004 Nissan Murano

Comment

Finally done! Both Jared and I are working hard (he's at the school and I'm at my dad's) and quickly realizing that some patients can be evil.

As for my wheels - it has been such a hassle to say the least. Long story short - I'm going to be wearing the same shoes as you picked up not too long ago. (I think I mentioned that they were my back-up if those Beyern's didn't work out; needless to say they didn't.)

I'll keep you informed!

Comment

I just recieved my CSL reps in hyperdark, they look friggin amazin. Pictures will probably be posted today or tommorow
                2004 Nissan Murano

Comment

If they sell nice allow wheels and low profile tires, they have the good equipment. But places like Wallymart and Crappy Tire probably don't. But I'd still take a few before pics in case the installer is a monkey.

Khyron
                  Last edited by Khyron; 06-23-2006, 08:45 AM.
                  Geoff
                  Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Originally posted by Volinder D
                    I just recieved my CSL reps in hyperdark, they look friggin amazin. Pictures will probably be posted today or tommorow
                    Nice! I'm pumped to see them. Even though I was hoping to go with something slightly different at first, I really can't complain about the CSLs - cheap, classic, and apparently very strong.

I guess if I ever tire of my silvers and you get sick of your hyperdark then we can switch 'em up. (I just may powdercoat mine a year or two down the road anyway.)

Comment

Yeah...like your comment about evil patients Devo...have to learn to take it Funny how I saw you last night and I'm talking to you about mounting on here; guess I could've asked you then. Can't wait to get that Cup Kit on and the shoes rollin'. Any ETA on the CSLs? Mine should be here approx. 10 days from Monday apparently. Also, did some emailing and found that I'm prolly lookin' at about $90 to mount a set of 19's. Sound about right to you guys? I'll maybe run down to 'Kelvin's' tomorrow and see what they say and what machine they're running (thanks to Devo with his specifics...should've known you'd know the exact model number...lol).
                      Last edited by dubs_17; 06-24-2006, 12:50 AM.
                      '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
                      --DUBS--

Comment

Is my old Jetta still lurking around????
                        2004 Nissan Murano

Comment

I don't know if you guys ever heard, but back in 2002 we had a Dental Student car club Stylin Concepts. We actually entered into a Saskatoon Car show as a club. We had my old Jetta which then belonged to Thomas Yu (class of 2003), my GTI (it was done up at the time), Kabir Virdi's (class of 2003) B6 Passat slammed on 19's (was probably the only 19's in saskatoon back then), My 2002 Audi a4, Kirpaul Chattha's (class of 2003) 1994 RX7 absolutely modded to the max (easily the nicest car in Saskatoon at the time), Jagatjit Dhillon's (class of 2002) BMW 540i, Kurt Benning (class of 2003) BMW M3. It was awesome. Then of course after we graduated it died!! A couple of the guys still have Stylin Concept stickers on there cars.
                          2004 Nissan Murano

Comment

Volinder: Yea your old Jetta is still around. I didn't see it in the second half of this year, I think he parks it for winter. I saw it at the start of the school year last September. Car looks like it's slammed. He keeps it hella clean...it's super super shiny everytime I've seen it.

Nice car club haha....half punjabi haha.

Comment

Yeah, would be nice to have a group of guys like that, but I think Devo and I are the only ones that care about cars in the College now. Of course there is the lone second-year that wants to put rims on his Hyundai Accent...lol. Not much to work with. I know a recent graduate that attempted nitrous in his '98 Civic and left a trail of smoldering oil along Circle Drive the first time he pushed the button...blew a chunk of the block thru the hood I think. Other than that, there's just my Jet and Devo's Bimmer. I actually almost bought Yu's Jetta, but I was looking for a standard and something a tad newer. Nice car tho'...
                              '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
                              --DUBS--

Comment

Working...
                              X