Out of province inspection question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of province inspection question

So my bc insurance is ending in just over a week, so it looks like I need to change over to alberta insurance. So far I got a quote of ruffly $200 for the inspection. Is this going to be the same everywhere or is there easier and cheaper places out there? This is for my 96 328I. Also do dealerships sell your cars and take a cut? That could be an option because they would have there on dealer plates.

Re: Out of province inspection question

Canadian Tire.... I think it was like $150 and it took less than 15 min (they didn't even look at the car)

Comment

cool... does Calgary have emmision testing like Vancouver does?

Comment

nope, oop's are easy to pass in AB. there is a reason why so many jdm cars are coming in here, well not for long

Comment

I think the glass has to be in good shape, which is pricy if you dont run it through under B.C. insurance

Comment

Brand new windshield like 2 months ago. Everything is good to go. I might just re insure it in BC i have a mailing address there.

Does anyone know if you can get alberta insurance with a BC drivers license?

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop101
              Does anyone know if you can get alberta insurance with a BC drivers license?
              No.
              Name: Brent
              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Does anyone know if you can get alberta insurance with a BC drivers license?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can get insurance on your car (in fact you have too before anything else), you just can't get your registration and plates. Oh and we charge $86.00 for an out of province BUT i'm 3 hours away!

Comment

Working...
                X