Door Module?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Module?

I know...search first...I did. I can't seem to find the correct words to describe my problem in a search context. Anyway...I've noticed that my car likes to automatically re-lock the doors even when I've opened the door, gotten in and I'm sitting in the driver's seat with the door open. Sometimes, if I sit there long enough, I forget that it has re-locked and when I turn the ignition key, the panic alarm starts going nuts (naturally, because it's re-armed automatically). Is the system really supposed to auto re-lock with the door open? This can't be normal. I also noticed that I don't have a headlight reminder chime...door switch or possible fuse removal by previous owner?
    '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
    --DUBS--

Re: Door Module?

Does the light in the lower part of the door panel work?, if not then it is probably a failed latch mechanism on the door.
    HTH
    Richard

Comment

The drivers door should not be able to lock with the door open. Think Dubsport might be right.

Check if you can lock it with the remote with the door open.
      Last edited by FlyBoy; 06-08-2006, 07:03 PM.
      Jeff
      Current: 2017 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line
      Previous: 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line, 2001 VW Jetta

Comment

I had the same problem. It was the driver's door latch on a 2001 Golf. Replaced at about 40k km.

I noticed it because the light didn't come on and the fuel pump no longer "primed" the line when I opened the door.

As a side note, the newer lock mechanism works much quieter than the old one.....old one has a "thunk" when locking...this is much quieter.
        Jeff

2017 Sportwagen
        2016 .:R (sold)
        2013 Golf TDI Wolfsburg (sold)
        2001.5 Audi S4 (sold)

Comment

I'm pretty sure that light is on and the door WILL lock with the remote while open. No headlight reminder either...always leave my headlights on because I forget without the good ol' 'ding'.
          '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
          --DUBS--

Comment

Working...
          X