Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all of you that colour matched your stock valences..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all of you that colour matched your stock valences..

I have a brand new front valence directly from vw sitting in my garage still wrapped in plastic, as well as I removed my stock rear valence today. Now I am just wondering, I have a friend who can paint them at his shop off the car, or is it a better idea to install them back onto the car before painting. Just afraid that the paint will most likely crack as valences bend when I re-install them, and just hoping you guys could tell me how you did yours. This is on my 01 gti by the way. Thanks
    When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Re: Calling all of you that colour matched your stock valences..

Make sure he adds a little flex agent to the paint. You will be fine. Most professional shops prefer to paint valences off the car and then install them afterwards.
    Tint sucks

Comment

Cool, thanks for your help, now im excited!

Comment

how much did that valence run you???

Comment

I am assuming it wasnt cheap, but I actually got it free from a friend (pat mackay) for those who know him, as he was planning on using it on his golf but sold it before he needed it. Sorry Im not much help..

Comment

Last time I went to the dealer to ask about the price I believe I was quoted in the area of 200-250 for both the front and back, that was about 8-9 months ago though so I could be mistaken.
            2007 BMW 328XI

Comment

Working...
            X