Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My lastest addition.. plus a few questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My lastest addition.. plus a few questions!

Figured why clog the boards will lots of threads Ill jus get this over all in one!

Check out my lastest addition to the car...

Front Wiper delete!!

On to the questions though..

What is this switch for? Is it factory? I ask because I am about to put a double din DVD deck in and I figure this would be a perfect switch to act as the E-brake so passengers can watch while I drive.

Secondly, the previous owner disabled a door chim for both leaving lights on as well as leaving the keys in. I tried simply replacing a few fuses but not sure if am on the right track.

Which fuse is it? I am missing 17 31 and 33 but replacing them doesnt seem to help?

Thanks guys

Oh one last one, anyone know a good shop that could colour match my front and rear valences, Mojave Beige seems like a colour that will be tough to find?
    Last edited by RedMile04; 06-07-2006, 03:16 PM.
    When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Re: My lastest addition.. plus a few questions!

not to be rude... but why? i removed them on my mk2 cause they stuck out and were just plain ugly. but its totally not practical i can't tell you how many times i got fuxored because calgarys weather always changes. plus you can't really see them on the mk 4 to begin with.

as for the door chime i had the same probolem it turned out to be the sensor in the door.

and i'm sure any body shop can get mojave beige there's a paint code in your trunk.

Comment

aero wipers man!! aero wipers..

Comment

If you get caught your car will be impounded. I have never seen that button before - looks like something the PO added, like my garage door button that I added.

Khyron
        Last edited by Khyron; 06-07-2006, 04:01 PM.
        Geoff
        Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Wow...I cant even imagine not having wipers on a daily driven car....just wow

not to be a dick, but seriously...wtf were you on when that thought popped into your head?!
          Last edited by James; 06-07-2006, 04:08 PM.
          REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
          -james

Comment

Yah, one oncoming vehicle drives through a big puddle of mud and you're completely blind. Or our notorious rain storms.

Personally I think he's yanking our chains, and that he's halfway through an Aero install or something...I hope...

Khyron
            Geoff

Comment

And the winner is... Khyron! Actually my arm connected from wiper motor to wipers seized up a few weeks ago; so while I was replacing it I thought it looked pretty cool without wipers so I snapped a pic. Wipers have been in and working for about a week now. Caused more of a stir then I was expecting

Comment

Lurk a bit in the MK4 forum on vortex and you will hear some pretty screwed up stuff. Like putting LCD screens ontop of an airbag...

How hard was the motor to replace?

Edit: Interior lights are 3 and 14 I think...

Khyron
                Last edited by Khyron; 06-07-2006, 04:57 PM.
                Geoff

Comment

No its my headlights, if I forget to turn them off there is no chim. Like I say same goes for leaving my keys in the ignition - no chim.

Motor wasn't a problem at all, getting the actually wipers off as they were pressured sealed was the only problem. Just a heads up, anyone who thinks there wiper motor is shot, thoroughly check the mechanism connected from motor to wipers. Apparently 9/10 its seized and needs to be replaced, not the motor! Would have saved about 170 bucks if I knew that!
                  Last edited by RedMile04; 06-07-2006, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X