CAI and gravel roads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAI and gravel roads?

Can anyone tell me how well CAI's hold up to gravel roads? My work takes me off paved roads a few times each month. SHould I still with the stock air box and a panel K&N?
    Neil
    '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Umm when I go to my job site I drive on like a 100ft stretch of gravel but go like 10km/hr with my CAI.. i dunno try it for a month and then check the filter and if its all haggard then maybe the K&N method

Comment

I just got a CAI and was just wondering about this... but I would think that it should be fine (because its infront of the wheel well). It should be ok if you are going slow and not under heavy throttle or sucking dust from someone infront of you.
      Bryce

2002 Jetta 1.8T Baltic Green Tiptronic
      APR 91, Carbonio CAI, Samco TIH, 2.5" Brullen Turbo-back, ABD Lower Intercooler Pipe, Forge 007 DV

Comment

I suppose if someone in front of you was kicking up dust that the stock airbox would also be sucking in quite a bit of dust as well.
        Neil
        '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

yea I noticed on the part of my grill that feeds the stock airbox since its unattached now its all dusty on my battery cover..

Comment

Working...
          X