Another spring paint resto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another spring paint resto

Spent a few hours on my car this afternoon, full wash, clay bar, power polish with a cleaner, and a nice hand wax. Huge improvement. I was motivated when Geoff said my car was looking haggard (well, not exactly, but close enough!)....
    I unfortunately did not have the Caranuba wax yet, I'm trying to finish off my NXT, the shine could have been deeper....

I'm still willing to do other peoples cars (not for free!).....enjoy!

Last edited by Aleks; 05-22-2006, 07:22 AM.
    2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
    2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
    2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Re: Another spring paint resto

Looks amazing, I definitely need some restoration. Black shows everything :(
    Let me know how much it would be.

Comment

Damn! - looking better! (I said it was looking "beat" btw). I tried the clay bar but couldn't get it to work properly, and no power polish. Now I need to wax, doh! The bar has been set!

Khyron
      Geoff
      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Have you repainted the front end yet
        Simon

Comment

No, last winter sucked bad, or I follow people too close, either or....Doesn't look too bad till you get close...

Need:
          Front clip repaint (rock chips)
          Windshield
          Drivers Mirror
          Money to fix all this.......
          Last edited by Aleks; 05-22-2006, 12:26 PM.
          2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
          2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
          2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

I love what you've done to your side view mirror just kidding.

I'm planning on detailing my ride too in the near future. Do you think the following would be a good process:

1. Wash w/ Meguires
            2. Claybar w/ Mothers
            3. Meguires ColorX
            4. Meguires NXT or Gold Class
            Tint sucks

Comment

inbetween 2 and 3 you need a cleaner polish....it comes with the clay bar kit...

Comment

My mothers claybar kit came with a small bottle of wax? not a cleaner polish. The claybar removes contaminates and in most cases any pre-existing wax. I guess thats why they added a small bottle of wax with the kit (so you can re-protect the cars finish)

Do you recommend any particular cleaner polish?

Is it true that NXT is a mixture of cleaner and sythetic wax and that it would remove the colorX (which is full of fillers to fill the fine swirls)? Thus defeating the purpose.
                Tint sucks

Comment

Mothers cleaner wax, you can get it in a big bottle.....sure the clay bar removes the contaminates, but wax doesn't polish, sure its shiny, but you need to bring a deep luster the the paint with some polish, and then seal that in with the wax

Comment

I thought ColorX is a form of polish? It adds depth to the paint and fills in fine swirls. So, do you suggest I get a bottle of polish and apply it after the ColorX?

Sorry for all of the questions. Just want to clarify.
                    Tint sucks

Comment

Hmm, colorx is a combo polish/wax....I don't really use combination stuff, because there has to be compromise somewhere, but I guess it is a cleaner polish and wax so it may work for your application....For example, I have different stuff for everything:

cleaner polish, compounding machine polish (for sand and polishing), wax, machine glaze, plastic polish, scratch remover, etc.......We all get the job done the same, I just add more steps into mine....

BTW, if your car is BMP, it will come out great after a hard polish....the flake in it comes alive...
                      Last edited by Aleks; 05-22-2006, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Man, I'm feeling tired just reading the steps you did to resto that Car looks amazing though... What kinda carnuba are you planning on getting?

I wanna see someone try this! ....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Zymol-Atlantique...QQcmdZViewItem
                        Derick

Comment

......I'm just gonna get Mother's 100% Caranuba, unless I can find some place around here that sells P21S...maybe sometime I'll order some Klasse stuff online and get a whole bunch of better liquids.....I'll keep the NXT for winter waxes...

BTW: I see your expensive wax and raise you one:
                          http://cgi.ebay.ca/Zymol-Ital-Glaze-...QQcmdZViewItem
                          Last edited by Aleks; 05-22-2006, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleks
                            BTW: I see your expensive wax and raise you one:
                            http://cgi.ebay.ca/Zymol-Ital-Glaze-...QQcmdZViewItem
                            LOL, I fold I could never justify spending hundreds of dollars on a few ounces of wax for my Jetta
                            Derick

Comment

I'm pretty sure people spending hundreds of dollars on wax aren't putting it on a jetta

btw, how much would you be charging to detail a car?
                              2007 BMW 328XI

Comment

Working...
                              X