Need help with rims!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with rims!!

I'm currently in the search for some HAWT rims for the BMW!!

I've run across a slightly used set of BBS LM's. However I need some opinions. I know most of you are gonna quickly just say get them, but listen to the details first.

Brand new with rubber these rims run about $8500, wayyyy above my price limit. My price limit was approx. $3500 Well, a guy from Van. is willing to sell me his with approx 85% rubber left on Toyo T1R's in 19", staggered fitment. He's willing to go $4000 shipped. That's a alot of money for rims IMHO. However, these are LM's, do you guys really think they are worth the money, or are they just hyped up.

Here are pics of the exact wheels in 19" with the exact offset. The car in this pic has the same sport package I have, no other suspension mods.

2004 Nissan Murano

2006 BMW 330i, 6 -speed, Sparkling Graphite, Sport package, Premium package

Re: Need help with rims!!

dooooooooo it
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

No doubt about it!
      Nick
      There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
      --Albert Einstein

Comment

Do it..Do it.

Comment

Originally posted by nismodrifter
          Do it..Do it.

Damn you all, that's what the little voices in my head keep saying. I'm going crazy
          2004 Nissan Murano

Comment

Ah come on, you've got to work your magic here. Pull a couple of teeth that "could possibly cause problems in future" and bada bing bada boom...you've got LM's.

Comment

To me they look nice, but not 8500. 4000 is a lot too but what other sets are you considering? If you really like the style go for it, but they don't scream 1337 to me.

Khyron
              Geoff
              Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Originally posted by Khyron
                To me they look nice, but not 8500. 4000 is a lot too but what other sets are you considering? If you really like the style go for it, but they don't scream 1337 to me.

Khyron
                No but they do scream quality.
                Name: Brent
                His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

LM's are perfect on the New 3'er

Why not just drive to Van, and pick them up?

Comment

Shipping shouldn't really be a big part of that $4000 price. Why WOULD you drive to Vancouver and pick them up??? Shipping is not that expensive + 2 days of time wasted + tons of fuel = would cost way more than it would to ship them.

Comment

Agreed, driving to van is way to much work for me. The guy said he has proper boxes to ship these in. The other thing I could do is pay a company like tiretrends.com $50-75 to inspect the rims, package them, and ship them, they can then charge me the shipping which would probably work out to be $75 though them. Now that's of course if they are willing to do that.
                      2004 Nissan Murano

Comment

Other option is the fact that I have 200 000 aeroplan points, I could fly there i know that I'm allowed 2 pieces of baggage, i can phone and find out how much more for 2 more pieces. These rims weigh approx. 24 lbs each, but how much would they weigh with the tires and inflated????
                        2004 Nissan Murano

Comment

Last question, can forged rims be repaired or are they fawked if they are bent???
                          2004 Nissan Murano

Comment

Originally posted by nismodrifter
                            Shipping shouldn't really be a big part of that $4000 price. Why WOULD you drive to Vancouver and pick them up??? Shipping is not that expensive + 2 days of time wasted + tons of fuel = would cost way more than it would to ship them.
                            Agreed that its a long drive, but do we know if Volinder knows the guy? Does he trust the guy with $4000 of his money?

Driving to Van is never a waste of time. Its an amazing city, and an EVEN BETTER drive.

On a side note

Volinder, if you call tiretrends, be sure to ask for ARCH, and tell him Ben from the DOV says hi!

Comment

Originally posted by Volinder D
                              Last question, can forged rims be repaired or are they fawked if they are bent???

IF the bend is Not to big, there are places that can re-roll the lip. So the wheel would need to be disassembled, and the lip sent out

Comment

Working...
                              X