Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some advice in regards to getting rear-ended

So I just got SMOKED from behind.
    My bumper is toast, which is good cuz I was planning on buying euro bumpers soon.

So I'm thinking I go to C1 and get their price for a euro bumper. Then get a quote from a bodyshop on how much to paint it?

Just wondering if anyone has any advice as to the best way to do this, maybe to benefit me as much as possible?

Thanks guys.
    I'd like to make a statment!
    2012 Q5
    2011 A5

Re: Some advice in regards to getting rear-ended

Get the WHOLE car checked out if you got smoked hard enough you are going to throw the trunk and rear doors out of alignment and trust me I know how much of a B%(ch they are to fix.
    BTW my insurance company said in no way would they pay for aftermarket parts (or even OEM parts for that matter) so make sure you get a body shop that will work that our with you.
    Last edited by Stonewall; 05-16-2006, 11:59 PM.
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

ive got a spare trunk, but its reflex silver, and red tails.....
      ~~TODD~~
      '12 x5 35d fully deleted (DUDMD Stg2)

Comment

What do you mean insurance doesn't pay for OEM, just demand it. besides you have the choice of where it's fixed anywaysIf allelse fails have them sign off on the offshore parts that they will never fail and will work as specified by VW in a crash and will work as good as OEM for the life of the car. Garanteed oem parts coming your way.. HAd it happen with AMA and our jeep. The body shop at the jeep dealer refused to repair unless it was OEM parts. NASd since i have the choice to get it repaired the insurance co. had no choice...
        Drive It Like You Stole It

Comment

if insurance in alberta is anything like in ontario, your insurance company will send an adjuster out to scope the damage and give a ballpark estimate. the adjuster will "encourage" you do go to one of their approved shops, but the final choice is up to you.

i was smoked from behind by a B2000 pickup. of course, his bumper was above mine and trashed my whole rear end. it ended up costing something like 12-15k to repair. god knows why they didn't write it off.. the car was only 1.5 years old at the time and was only worth 19k new.

they were cool about replacing my hella tails also. too bad the body shop couldn't get their heads out of their asses.
          Last edited by zilla; 05-17-2006, 12:45 PM.
          Tim
          "When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer."

Comment

I know the feeling Tim the last I heard the repairs to my car where $14K and I told them they would regret not writing it off.
            Name: Brent
            His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
            Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
            X