Limp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limp!

How do you force the car to get out of limp?

I bypassed n249 by using an elbow on the two hoses that connect to the 249 and then capped the nozzles, as described in one of the many bypass threads. Car responded great, but would not boost past 8-9 PSI. Tried a few things, no codes other than mech failure on 249 (original prob which is why bypass).

Put it back to stock, still in limp. Cleared codes, did TBA - how long or what procedure is there to force a car out of limp (and then if it doesn't you're sure there's still something wrong). Cause if it's supposed to come back after next start, I've got a big problem.

AWP with apr (tried all programs)

Khyron
    Geoff
    Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Re: Limp!

you may have to unplug the battery?

Comment

Try a capacitive discharge. take both terminals off the battery and touch them together for 20 seconds then reconnect the battery.

I hope it's not a big problem...
      Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
      You dig sucka?!

Comment

Will give that a shot. No codes other than my 249 mech malfunction are being thrown and aside from not going over 8-9 PSI (stock) the car is driving pretty good. I actually thought my APR program vanished or something but I can still make lights flash and whatnot. Throttle is very responsive, and it boosts fast, just holds at .6 or so bar, no further. Soft limp was supposed to be 4-5 PSI I thought...

Would a blown or torn diaphram in my DV cause this? I don't think it's a boost leak as my vaccuum is looking normal. And I get a fluttering when I let off the gas. But no codes for a blown dv sounds weird.

Khyron
        Geoff

Comment

Ok found it. Replaced dv, no change, took off the 2 hex nuts that hold the n249/n75 bracket and found that I snapped a plastic T. Two ends are at least 1/4 inch and seem to lead into the N75, the other is a small 5/32? that has a tiny rubber 5 inch run to the intake manifold, right beside the lead that goes to the FPR (that I tapped for my boost gauge).

My question, is since finding that T will be hell, and I already have a long run of spare FPR hose, can I tap that hose from somewhere else? Or should I just bite the bullet, take out the broken T, put in my brass 1/4 T (laying around) and use an 1/4 -> 5/32 adapter and feed it to the nipple that way?

Thanks,

Khyron
          Geoff

Comment

Cambodian tire carries a package of platsic T's of varous sizes.
            Name: Brent
            His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
            Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

geoff, canadian tire has a universal T. it has about 3 sizes on each end, you just cut it back to where you need it. It isnt the greatest quality, but i used it to T in my boost gauge. I put it under water with a little presure to be sure it could take it, because it is intended for vacuum. Also, in my paranoia, I dripped some crazy glue in the joints of it just to be sure (im sure its not needed... it just looked kinda cheesy to me). Anyways, its cheap, and its working just fine... and my TDI runs a little higher boost, so it should work for you. It was the only way I could get 2 1/4" ends and a small end for the gauge.
              Last edited by stefan; 05-15-2006, 08:51 PM.
              Stefan
              -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
              -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
              -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
              -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Hah yah I saw one of those in Autozone and bought it as a just-in-case. Getting the clamps off etc was a *****, but all is on, N249 is bypassed, new DV so my initial drop is gone... I am pleased.

Thx for the help!

Khyron
                Geoff

Comment

Working...
                X