Shipping Spoiler From States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping Spoiler From States

Has anyone had any experience with shipping anything as big as a roof spoiler from the US? If you've used US Postal Service, what kind of duty/customs fees did you get hit with, if any?
    '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
    --DUBS--

Re: Shipping Spoiler From States

USPS broker fees are minimal. You'll pay 7% for GST, and maybe another $5 or $10 for brokerage fees.
    Chris

Comment

USPS also has size limitations for packages going to Canada. This is because USPS does not have international ground service so they cap package sizes and weight for air transport. I believe the limit is about 4' (but I could be wrong). I once tried having a strut-tower bar shipped via USPS and they wouldn't take it, so it had to go via UPS and I got raped on duty Last week, there was also a guy infront of me in the post office line trying to send a collapsed fishing rod to Toronto, and they wouldn't take that either. Your best bet is to find out the exact dimensions and then give USPS a call to see if it's OK. As far as the duty/customs fees, USPS is def the way to go if you can
      Derick

Comment

I've found that it works out to be about 15-20% (all fees including GST)

Comment

Working...
        X