Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You won't believe what I just 'encountered'!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You won't believe what I just 'encountered'!!!!!!!

Originally posted by forkdork
    ^15 of them. They didn't know WTF an EVO was at the very start and 15 got into Canada. There is one for sale somewhere in Saskatchewan right now.
    Yea, i'm thinking they perhaps did something similar with the R32 in the beginning.

That one in Sask is still for sale? iirc it's been for sale for a while now.
    Jay

Comment

The car has been confirmed as the original HPA 550hp R32 project car and the owner does have a residence in the US.
      Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

i may be stupid but why can't you register an R32 in canada?

Comment

Originally posted by albertaTDI
          i may be stupid but why can't you register an R32 in canada?
          Dido, the evo was because of the front bumper, but I was under the impression the vw just made the decision to not sell the R32 in Canada?
          When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Comment

It was because of the bumpers on the R32. In the States and in Europe, regulations state that they need to be 3mph bumpers while in Canada they need to be 5mph bumpers. (or something to that effect).

So to crash-certify the car just for the Canadian market, didn't make financial sense.

It's also why it was blacklisted on the import list. So I'm curious to know how this one got registered here. I'm thinking that HPA is listed as manufacturer or something (possibly stating it's a "kit car") and found some loophole.

But who really cares!? It's just cool that it's driving around here.
            2008 Audi RS4
            2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

R32s are blacklisted in Canada because of the bumpers as well, I believe.

Edit - Beat me to it Chris, I think him having a US residence helps him out in some way.
              Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 04-22-2006, 02:25 PM.
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

...I wonder if having US citizenship would help me......

If anyone meets this guy, get him to sign up on here!
                2008 Audi RS4
                2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

so i have a Polish residence, how does that help me? i can bring any car over here they sell there??? say yessss ahah
                  2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                  2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

He may have a 6 month registration or something since the vehicle has been brought up from the US, but is not legal here and when it is up he can return home and re-register later.
                    Blair

Comment

Working...
                    X