Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You won't believe what I just 'encountered'!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You won't believe what I just 'encountered'!!!!!!!

awesome! that thing is gonna pwn on the track.. so is it single turbo, twin turbo??

Comment

well i went the HPA website, it is either single or twin, probably single, but it definately has 2 intercoolers, so its the SMIC2 kit, which is minimum 450hp, 0-60 3.2s
      2002 VW Golf GT TDI
      2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Who does it belong to, really?

What's the story behind it. How did it get certified in Canada? Was HPA listed as the manufacturer and that is some sort of loophole?

Would love to check it out in person. And would love to buy it.
        2008 Audi RS4
        2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

I'm pretty sure that it's the Stage II with 550hp.....I am on the HPA site fairly often, and noticed the 'SOLD' messege on their Stage II a couple of days ago.....If you did infact buy this Simon, don't leave it parked by your house.....I'll steal it
          Kyle
          2000 Audi S4

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
            Who does it belong to, really?
            Yes...please tell
            Kyle
            2000 Audi S4

Comment

yes post this up already!!!

Comment

I don't think they know who owns it, just seeing it around.
                Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 04-20-2006, 02:16 PM.
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

perhaps a business contact of simons?? haha i'm bored i have 1/2 a day off right now lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                    All of McKenzie Towne looks the same

hahaha so true!!

Comment

It is a twin turbo, 550HP. Owner also has a house in the states
                      EU Tuning
                      European Performance Products
                      www.eutuning.ca
                      slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

does the car have AB plates on it? if this were the case as it must be a salvage title and rebuild if that were to be the case. Otherwise if its on US plates then that is not an issue.
                        Team Highschool
                        Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Alberta plates and appears to be a 100% genuine R32, I would say that they bribed someone or registered it as a GTI or something?? But it does not seem to be a rebuilt Golf/GTI from my up close inspection. I would say REAL R32 fully registered with the HPA upgrades. Very little wear or tear anywhere on it.
                          KR
                          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

there is no physical possible way that that is the case. For the car to pass the RIV and be allowed into the country by the federal government it can come over in 1 of 2 ways. A writeoff or parts car rebuild. The parts car rebuild must consist of 2 cars parts basically.

You probobly wouldn't be able to tell from a look if it was either of the above, if done right like it should be you shouldn't be able to see where any of the work was done. All of the parts will be brand new OEM parts not a hack corner store body shop job.

Remember a car does not have to be in a serious accident to be written off. With the R32 it could take as little as a few damaged panels and the entire interior to be stolen along with the engine to have the chassis allowed to be considered a rebuild.

There are a few shops in Vancouver building R32's that have been brought up from the states in this manner, they go for a little over $30K.

Go to www.vwdov.ca and check the auto talk forum, there have been MANY MANY threads on this and how the cars can get into the country. The only other way is HPA brings the car up for shop purposes only, the car can be insured in Canada and be a US car but it MUST return to the US within a year i believe. That is how the original HPA R32 was under BC insurance for a while.
                            Team Highschool
                            Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

There are EVO 8's floating around Canada which are fully registerable and insurable, so it can happen, just not sure how. Something about early models sneaking in before Transport Canada shuts the doors on them.
                              Jay

Comment

^15 of them. They didn't know WTF an EVO was at the very start and 15 got into Canada. There is one for sale somewhere in Saskatchewan right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X