Can Flames flags look good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Flames flags look good?

With our beloved flames about to embark on a playoff run, is it actually possible to make these big tacky flags look good. Has one tired anything different to try and make them look good?
    When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Re: Can Flames flags look good?

drive so fast then it flickers in the wind at a frequency impossible to be seen by the human eye - clearly.
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

so the only way to make it look good is drive fast, and the faster you drive the better it looks?! dang why didnt I think of that
      When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Comment

haha, Id actually like to see someone try and mod one of those things up
        REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
        -james

Comment

Well i dont know if it looks better but what i did was, re-install my original antenna, you know.. the one thats like 2 feet long!, then i took the flag off its window holder and slipped it on the antenna, i think it looks alot better =)

Comment

i saw a guy last playoff rocking these flames stickers on his door

this was a red gti vr6

it looked cool
            Last edited by dirk_diggler; 04-12-2006, 11:35 AM.
            RIP 97 Jetta VR

03 A4 1.8T
            02 MB E320

Comment

I drove with my flames flag on from calgary to california, there was only about a 1/4 left by the time i got there haha.
              sigpic

Comment

they dont look good the normal way? I think they look fine....
                http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/5431/sigcopy9ji.jpg

Comment

I had one on my antenna...it looked pretty cool..(GTI)

Comment

Leafs flags look way better and you don't have to do anything to make them look good.
                    Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
                    You dig sucka?!

Comment

Originally posted by Volkstech
                      Leafs flags look way better and you don't have to do anything to make them look good.

I think this says it all.
                      Attached Files
                      Bryce

2002 Jetta 1.8T Baltic Green Tiptronic
                      APR 91, Carbonio CAI, Samco TIH, 2.5" Brullen Turbo-back, ABD Lower Intercooler Pipe, Forge 007 DV

Comment

Originally posted by Tromping_Maniac
                        I think this says it all.
                        To Quote http://yadamnright.blogspot.com/

Originally posted by http://yadamnright.blogspot.com/
                        Alright it's that time of the year when Stanley Cup predictions need to be made. The regular season is pretty much done and although there are some teams that are on the fringe (playoff wise) personally I dont think they will be big factors when playoff time comes around.

Anyways...before I go off on my predictions I have to say something about the Calgary police's recommendation to stay away from 17th ave aka The Red Mile during playoff time. It's about fucking time! Yeah that's right. You'd think a sports nut like me would be all for the after-game celebrations of our city's NHL team but not in that way I'm not. Think about it:

1. The only people there are drunk idiots and sluts who make retards of themselves from 10pm to 2am. Flashing their breasts, screaming loud, and causing disruption to those who live in the neighbourhood. Those chicks who make slut tops out of Calgary Flames tshirts get to me the most.

2. There is only one type of Flames fan that hangs out on 17th... the BIG BANDWAGON JUMPERS! Nobody there is a hardcore Flames fan who cheered for the team through the decade of bad times. Now with the team's new found success, all of a sudden Flames fans flourish throughout Calgary. Then there are the fans from 1989 who renounced their loyalty in the early 90's and now have come out of the woodwork. Ask 100 people on 17th who Calgary's last 5 goalies were before Kipper.

3. Most importantly to the police is the danger factor of having thousands of drunk idiots crowded onto such a small enclosed section of a street. I think they said around 4000 people crowd into the street. All you need is a couple of people to start something that hurts a bunch of people. Go somewhere else. They dont even recommend children coming to 17th after a game. Drunk idiots, go to the pubs and bars to watch the game and celebrate afterwards. It should be fun for everyone.

I hate bandwagon jumpers! Therefore, I pretty much hate most of the Calgary Flames fans. They don't deserve a street to party and celebrate their team's success. You'll find the real fans sitting at home with their kids or with their pals at a pub.
                        I think that sums it up my friends..

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
                        You dig sucka?!

Comment

leaf bitterness ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Comment

Originally posted by kuhli
                            leaf bitterness ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
                            Bitter, Yeh hells ya I'm bitter. But I've been a Leaf fan since I can remember Peter Puck and there hasn't been anything real to cheer about while I've been alive unless you count the 1992-93 and 1993-1994 seasons. It's tough being a leaf fan. You want to know why I'm a leaf fan? It's because of the heritage and the fans. Leaf fans are the most loyal fans of any team in the NHL, and there's no bandwagoners to see for miles.

You dig sucka?!

Comment

every fan starts somewhere...too bad...I like to see the Canadian teams in it...

Comment

Working...
                              X