No announcement yet.

Forge 007 Installed - Thx Peter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been Upsoluted for some time now. I think just before Peter. I am still running with the stock DV. Simon (Boy Racer) and I talked about this when I got my chip. After doing alot of reading and research, I think the stock DV is fine. Simon at the time agreed with that as well. Simon, if you have any new info on this, please correct me. My 2 cents.

Comment

Hey Thorin33,
      So is that all you have done...Just a chip? Nothing else purchased after the upsolute programing that had to remedy anything? I just want to know because I would like to chip my car but I don't want all the bull**** that goes along with it.
      Cheers
      Derek
      Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
      -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
      -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

you're right kor about hearing the turbo more. i have the 007 too and I can definately hear it spool up and blow off now. i have it installed the right way (as opposed to opposite) and have no trouble rubbing with the engine cover.

my stock DV hadn't blown when I got my GIAC chip, but I replaced the DV just incase it ever would.
        Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
          Are you that hardcore? The only bad thing I have to say about Forge is that I can't really get my engine cover to fit without rubbing on any hoses now.
          It's not strictly about being hardcore. The piston DVs (forge, baily, hyper) are not as good as the diaphram style (pistons are slower to react), however they last a hell of a lot longer. Also, the Forge requires maintenance so it's still a hassle.

Ideally I'd want one that has no maintenance, and works as well as stock or better. DVs that use springs loosen over time, hence using increasing level of shims - and they require lubing at least once a year. I think you can get 7 or 8 stock DVs for the price of a Hyper/Forge etc.

That all said, if I was buying an aftermarket right now, a Forge 007 or a Baily would be my choice, however I'd be prepared for hesitation and fluttering.

Khyron
          Geoff
          Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Thanks Peter!!
            Cheers
            Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
            -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
            -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Peter beat me to the reply. After chipping, I experienced surging. I got a "C" N75 valve which cured this.

Comment

i havent had any surging with the stock DV or the 007.. lucky me i guess?
                Simon

Comment

I bought peters old 944 DV for backup =) Im thinking about getting a Forge down the road.... not anytime soon. The "h" n75 valve first!

QuA
                  2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

Working...
                  X