Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Center caps - Am I being screwed?

I cross-posted this on the Vortex, but no replies, so whatever lol

OK, I'm looking for replacement center caps for my Axis Milanos. I contacted Axis directly and asked if I could get new ones through them. They, in turn, directed me to a place called Wheel Studio...

http://www.wheelstudio.com/

So I sent an email to Wheel Studio and requested the center caps. They replied and said they will cost $40USD per piece. Wtf?

I've never had to order replacement caps before, but $160US for four plastic caps seems outrageous, no?
    Derick

Re: Center caps - Am I being screwed?

ya a bit too high but if you cant find them anywhere else what can you do?

once i asked OZ how much for hub centering rings, they wanted $8/pc.
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by bart
      ya a bit too high but if you cant find them anywhere else what can you do?

once i asked OZ how much for hub centering rings, they wanted $8/pc.
      LOL, I guess you're paying for the high degree of engineering that goes into making plastic rings
      Derick

Comment

Stop by a local wheel shop and see aht else will fit.. some stockers might.. and if you really want the Axis logo, you can get vinyl cut for it!

Comment

Originally posted by R-Audi
          Stop by a local wheel shop and see aht else will fit.. some stockers might.. and if you really want the Axis logo, you can get vinyl cut for it!
          Good idea. I'm going to do this this weekend. I would prefer them to be blanks without the logo anyways. And on a side note, I just wrote a scathing email to Axis and Wheel Studio, so I'll see if I can get some kind of response lol
          Derick

Comment

Well it looks like my ranting has paid off. And to Axis' credit, I'll be getting the centercaps for a fair price. Whether the original price I was told was a "mistake" or not, who knows. But I'm glad that Axis cared enough about it's PR and customer satisfaction to actually do something in this case. Especially for something as small as centercaps. Thumbs up for Axis I copy/pasted some of the emails here...

Derick:
            I purchased a set of 19" Axis Milano's and have since lost the center caps that came with them. While my car was undergoing modifications and the wheels were off the car, the centercaps were misplaced and lost. How would I go about getting 4 replacement center caps? Would Axis be able to send me some? Thank you

Axis:
            You can order them directly from Wheel Studio @ 888-288-0070

Wheel Studio:
            Derrick, You would be looking at $ 40.00 per cap.

Derick:
            Hello,
            I took your advice and inquired with Wheel Studio about purchasing replacement center caps. They replied back and asked for $40 per cap ($160 for all four)! Is this accurate? Paying this price for what are essentially 4 plastic plugs is outrageous and I can’t help but write my inquiry to you and laugh, as I still can’t believe that Wheel Studio could quote me this ridiculous price with a straight face. Unlike some other high-end wheel brands that use machining, aluminum, or finishing techniques on their centercaps that may justify a higher cost – The Axis Milano centercap is literally a plastic plug with the company logo embossed into it… If I wanted to pay HRE and BBS prices, then I would have bought those wheels. Needless to say, this is a case of overpricing that warrants being shared amongst the various web forums and enthusiast boards. But what I’d like to know is if this pricing strategy is something that Axis condones, or even enforces? If so, I’d be very disappointed to know that Axis would try and capitalize on its current customers by taking advantage of them in this kind of scenario.
            Sincerely,
            Derick Tan

Axis
            Wheel Studio is one of our best outlets. I talked with Tom and he stated the pricing quoted was in fact wrong. Call him and he'll get you the caps at the right price.
            Sorry for the confusion
            Derick

Comment

Working...
            X