HIDs in my foglights...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIDs in my foglights...

So I've been contemplating doing this for a while, and decided the other day to order myself an HID kit to put in my foglights. I know its not the greatest solution, but the kit itself was very cheap and I dont feel like spending over a grand on OEM HIDs right now. Overall I'm very satisfied with the results. Obviously its nowhere close to the performance of a full blown HID setup or retrofit, they work very well. They have a nice even light spread from side to side, and have a decent beam length considering they are in foglight housings. The kit I got is a 6000k kit and I like the colour it puts out. Almost pure white with just a hint of blue/purple. For a cheap-o eBay HID kit I'm pretty happy.

Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Re: HIDs in my foglights...

does it blind oncoming traffic?
    put.......put.......

.... ... .. .

Comment

Nope. If you look at the last picture you can see they keep the nice straight cut-off that the projector lenses produce.
      Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Comment

Im impressed, looks like a good cheap solution to spending thousands on OEM
        When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Comment

Pretty cool idea and fog lights usually aim lower so should be ok with blinding and still in a projector housing!
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

good stuff

Comment

Looks pretty good! I am having a tough time deciding what to do with my headlights. I would love OEM HID's, but everyone knows what that costs
              Kyle
              2000 Audi S4

Comment

Nice work, very crafty
                Derick

Comment

Hmm, thats cool....I never thought the inside of the fog housing would be open enough...be interesting to see if heat becomes an issue.....
                  2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                  2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                  2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

well theoretically HIDs run cooler than halogens do, so I'd assume heat would not be an issue.

I guess if it does cause a problem though it gives me an excuse to upgrade
                    Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Comment

Nice Upgrade, Good idea as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X