Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires

Does anyone have anything to say about Kumho SPT tires or Pirelli P-Zero Nero tires? Any recommendations of better rubber than this?
    '02 Jetta 1.8Tuuurbo
    --DUBS--

Re: Tires

I have to admit I'm biased towards Toyo. I've owned FZ4's, T1S's, and T1R's and loved them all. The T1S's didn't have the best treadwear IMO, but supposedly that was addressed to some extent with the T1R's. Time will tell I guess.
    Derick

Comment

I had the T1S and yes they were bad for treadwear, especially if you corner hard with our badly cambered cars as they have virtually no depth on the shoulder. I believe the T1R has improved in this area. Very competative in the wet.

I used the SPT last summer and I have to say they were very impressive. Much much better than the old Kumho 712s. Grip level was up, noise level was way down. One thing they did though was squeal when close to the limit where the Toyos would let me get the car 'loose' without much noise at all. For this to be a problem though, you would have to a) like going past the limits of static traction b) like to be quiet while you are doing it.

Overall for the price, I will go back for more of the Kumhos (I get though about 2 sets of tires each summer 1 race and 1 road)

Kumhos dominated the Solo 2 competitions last year with their 710 tire so they do know something about performance tires. Drive a fresh set of those and all grip levels you thought possible are out of the window!
      EU Tuning
      European Performance Products
      www.eutuning.ca
      slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

i have p-zero neros, and have yet to use them. i'd also be interested in any comments.
        Stefan
        -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
        -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

I have never tried them but it is probably important to know if people are posting about the mud and snow rated P-zero or the for e.g. assymetrico jobbies... a few tires share the same name but probably not the same performance
          EU Tuning
          www.eutuning.ca
          slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

true, mine are m&s. probably not as high performance, but this is what came on my wheels. all things said, a little mud/snow rating is probably not a bad thing in this city. we'll see how they are pretty soon.
            Stefan
            -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
            -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
            -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
            -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Oh dont get me wrong.. just thought I would mention before we got lots of posts without saying what type they were
              EU Tuning
              www.eutuning.ca
              slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

check out the General Tire Exclaim UHP its a new tire and i heard i alot of good things about it. Check out there web page they ranked best in category among ultra high performance summer tires on tirerack.com

Comment

I'm running the Khumo SPTs on my summer wheels as well. I just got mine last summer and was quite impressed with then from the start. They are a very quiet tire but have excellent grip, especially in the wet. Plus I think the tread on them is kinda neat Anyhow, I'd recommend them, especially for the price.
                  Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Comment

Working...
                  X