Few Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Questions

1. If you shave the back VW symbol of is there any holes behind it?

2. I got a paint and install qoute for my Reiger R-RS front lip, sides, and rear lip for $780. Is that reasonable?
    Mitesh

Re: Few Questions

Originally posted by Mefro
    1. If you shave the back VW symbol of is there any holes behind it?
    I know on a Jetta thats where the key goes to open the trunk, so yes for a Jetta, not sure if it's the same for a Golf though.

On my mkIII, there was a recess that the symbol fit in that needed to be filled.
    Graeme

2015 S4
    2018 Monster 1200S

Comment

1. There's holes and an indent. Body shop + paint if you shave.

2. Sounds pricey. Paint shouldn't be more than 400, and installing doesn't take that long, unless you're getting stuff molded or some other custom work. I got my valences (both) painted for 150 or so, and the bulk of the price is the initial paint mixing. Get a few other quotes.

Khyron
      Geoff
      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Considdering that Rudy's at one time charged $900 to paint an install a whole body kit I would say that price is on the high end.
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
          Considdering that Rudy's at one time charged $900 to paint an install a whole body kit I would say that price is on the high end.

and that price was alot cheaper than alot of places, I don't think $780 is too unreasonable if its including 100% installation, although you can do it yourself if you can get them to knock a few $ off.

about the rear VW symbol, I'm assuming its for a Mk4 Golf, then no there is nothing behind there except an indent. They'll weld in a cover plate and repaint. pretty simple. Doesn't take long at all.

here's mine
          Simon

Comment

I could be wrong but sounds like he has a lip, rear, and sideskirts so that would be a "whole bodykit" no?

Sounds not bad to me. After my paint experience though I'd be more concerned about what their finished product looks like. If a place costs a little more but does way better work you may want to spend a bit extra.
            Jay

Comment

The rear is a lip aswell. thanks for the info guys. I am going to get more qoutes still. Going to check out rudy's next. Damn indent, looks like the VW symbol stays for a bit.
              Mitesh

Comment

Working...
              X