Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which springs?!?

Hey guys,

I drive a 2002 golf gti, and i want to lower it alittle, i like the factory rims, they are the 17'' 5 spoke ones. I have done a search on here and it seems like every one uses all kinds of differnt springs. im use to driving hondas and i always used eibach sport line or pro line. What would you guys recamend? im not looking to completley slam it, just get ride of some wheel well gap. I dont want my ride to go to crap either, something handels and looks nice. thanks guys!
    Last edited by The_Stig; 03-07-2006, 03:55 PM.
    sigpic

Re: Which springs?!?

Most will recommend the H&R cup kit or the H&R sports with an aftermarket shock absorber. I'm running the FK 35/40 kit and like it, but the dampers could be a little better. I would suggest you decide how much of a drop you want first, then pick the appropriate spring from H&R, FK, or Eibach. Then pick your dampers.

Are you driving a VR6, TDI, or 1.8T? This will affect how much the front of the car drops, as the VR6 and TDIs are a little heavier.

Jeff
    Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
    hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
    sigpic

Comment

Remember: springs + struts/shocks TOGETHER. If you just get the springs then you can expect to wreck the shiz out of your struts until they are useless and then have the fun of reinstalling all your stuff again.

how low do you want to go? I'm dropped like nearly 2 inches with the FK 35/40 kit and am now glad I didn't go lower. Winter time owns the HELL out of me. Be sure to keep that in mind when you choose because snow + ice chunks will scare the crap out of you

Comment

i was think maybe about 1.5? i will look at my car again and see what i want. its the 1.8T. How much $ and am i looking at for a decent suspension set up with a nice ride?
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X