Toyo tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyo tires?

Anyone here have any experience with Toyo T1R's? The time has come for me to replace my rubber (driving year-round on 19's is expensive ) and I really liked my previous Toyo T1S's. Any feedback, pricing info, or comparable alternatives would be great.
    Derick

Re: Toyo tires?

Well I have not heard much about Rs but they were mostly meant to improve on the poorer treadwear associated with the T1-S'. I also had S' and had no complaints, and Simon L put some through the paces for a while and they were good except for the fast wear. There are many tire options of course but Toyo's seem to be much better priced south of the boarder.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

derick you aren't bagging on it hard man.. get some fuzions zris like i used to have.. they were quiet and got the job done nicely IMO..

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
        derick you aren't bagging on it hard man.. get some fuzions zris like i used to have.. they were quiet and got the job done nicely IMO..
        I didn't like my FZ-4's I had before, too noisy and wore out fast......I would go with yoko Avid's before Toyo....
        2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
        2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
        2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Peeps down here seem to love em.. I got a pair of T1S on my car and think they stick like glue...in any conditon and on any type of road. All I've heard is that the T1Rs have better tread wear. But i didnt think the T1Ss were that bad for wear! Go the T1Rs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi Kid
            Peeps down here seem to love em.. I got a pair of T1S on my car and think they stick like glue...in any conditon and on any type of road. All I've heard is that the T1Rs have better tread wear. But i didnt think the T1Ss were that bad for wear! Go the T1Rs!!!
            Yeah, I think I'll go with the T1R's. I really liked my old Toyos in terms of performance. I went to F1 Motorsports yesterdayhttp://www.f1motorsports.com/ and they quoted me $205 per corner mounted and balanced. I'm going to see if I can get a buddy who used to work there to give me a little bit of a discount, but the price seems reasonable
            Derick

Comment

yeah that seems about right... 16s right? i think i payed 160 for 15s down here in NZ. best tire for that price i think!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi Kid
                yeah that seems about right... 16s right? i think i payed 160 for 15s down here in NZ. best tire for that price i think!
                I'm running 19's so I guess that price seems OK huh?
                Derick

Comment

Give me a call and let me know what size you need and I will see what kind of deal I can get on the T1-R's for you...

sigpic
                  Urban Expressions Wheel & Tire
                  Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
                  Calgary Alberta, T2E6L5
                  888.769.1772 Toll Free
                  403.769.1771 tel
                  403.769.1773 fax
                  bob@urbanexp.ca

Comment

Working...
                  X