Insurance rates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance rates?

Hey guys I’m finally considering buying a MKIV but after looking at insurance rates as a primary driver its not looking so good. Ama wants 5100/year, without any previous accidents or tickets. I’m 19, what do you other young guys pay as primary or do most of you call yourself the secondary driver, and again what does that run?
    When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Re: Insurance rates?

No one? Come on anyone under 20 with an MKIV how much are you paying?

Comment

Check with Bentley Insurance, across from SAIT. They were the about the cheapest when I first got car insurance (5 years ago, 20 at the time). Not with them anymore because I got on a group rate.

Some companies will give multiple vehicle discounts, even if they are on separate policies (mine is 10% I think). So if you live at home, check the same company as your folks.

This topic came up a while ago, check http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/sho...ight=insurance

BTW, 2 hours isn't much time to wait for a response. Give it a day or so.
      Jeff
      Current: 2017 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line
      Previous: 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line, 2001 VW Jetta

Comment

I'm 19 and my mk3 VR6 would be 4000 for full coverage.
        I'd like to make a statment!
        2012 Q5
        2011 A5

Comment

Originally posted by RedMile04
          Hey guys I’m finally considering buying a MKIV but after looking at insurance rates as a primary driver its not looking so good. Ama wants 5100/year, without any previous accidents or tickets. I’m 19, what do you other young guys pay as primary or do most of you call yourself the secondary driver, and again what does that run?
          wow im glad i didnt live in alberta when i was your age...in sask i paid under 1000 for full coverage on a 1.5yr old 1.8t when i was around your age
          Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Comment

Ouch, check with Palmer Ins, on center street few blocks norht of 16ave, will be on your right hand side, and check DYCK Ins. By fish creek that plaza mall they have ther by DQ i beleive, and i think Diamond Ins. on Mcleod by Cibc and Southland Drive. Try DYCK cheapest i found at the time.. cheers good luck. Personally better off getting a 90+ VW and modding the shi* outta it

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoy
              Check with Bentley Insurance, across from SAIT. They were the about the cheapest when I first got car insurance (5 years ago, 20 at the time). Not with them anymore because I got on a group rate.

Some companies will give multiple vehicle discounts, even if they are on separate policies (mine is 10% I think). So if you live at home, check the same company as your folks.

This topic came up a while ago, check http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/sho...ight=insurance

BTW, 2 hours isn't much time to wait for a response. Give it a day or so.
              Sorry Im used to the vortex, where before you finish your topic bigmak has something to say

Comment

Im 20 and with a 2000 GTI, full coverage, one ticket and one at fault accident(slid into curb)...I pay $3072/yr. I went with Primmum. It was the cheapest by far.
                Mitesh

Comment

I went without collision, and actually still do.

With that said, call Westland Ins. They have given me a good rate right now.
                  Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

Originally posted by liquid
                    I went without collision, and actually still do.

With that said, call Westland Ins. They have given me a good rate right now.
                    That really means that any accident that is your fault isnt covered, correct? That seems alittle to risky on an 02, but thats probably the route Im goin to go if I end up with a cheaper mk3

Comment

I'm with AMA and pay just under 1200/yr with full coverage but i'm a geezer and have been with them since i started driving 18 yrs ago.
                      AMA not the best choiceunless you are insuring another car with it. Then it might be allright. I would look around...
                      Drive It Like You Stole It

Comment

ya, im 21 right now...paying 109/mo (no collision tho, and if you're in an at fault accident, the car(s) you hit are covered but not your own.
                        REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                        -james

Comment

Originally posted by RedMile04
                          That really means that any accident that is your fault isnt covered, correct? That seems alittle to risky on an 02, but thats probably the route Im goin to go if I end up with a cheaper mk3
                          If you go without collision they will still cover the damage you caused, but fixing your own car will be up to you. So, for example, if you rear end some one they will fix the other persons car but not yours. A lot of people can't go without collision though because if you finance your car (either through the bank or the car company) and you are using the car as collateral they will not allow you to go without collision. If you go unsecured however (line of credit for example) then you can.

Hope that makes sense.

Edit: James sorta beat me to it.
                          Last edited by Tuna; 02-27-2006, 09:58 AM.
                          Jay

Comment

ya, jason went into a bit more detail

for me, the reason I didnt get collision:
                            -cut my rate in 1/2
                            -if Im in an at fault accident, then ill pay. Until then, ill save 1/2 my rate....(this was a very good reason until my girlfriend started driving my car and crashed it...so I was in an at fault accident that wasnt my fault )

its really dumb not to have it on a new car with repair costs being what they are, now that im old enough that my rates arent out-of-this-world I wont go with only pl/pd again
                            REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                            -james

Comment

Originally posted by Mefro
                              Im 20 and with a 2000 GTI, full coverage, one ticket and one at fault accident(slid into curb)...I pay $3072/yr. I went with Primmum. It was the cheapest by far.

WTF, I'm 19, have no tickets at all and no accidents. I drive a mk3... primmum quoted me 5k+! for full coverage.
                              Last edited by Mitcheh; 02-27-2006, 11:48 AM.
                              I'd like to make a statment!
                              2012 Q5
                              2011 A5

Comment

Working...
                              X