Where to get matching spray paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get matching spray paint?

Need some to paint a few things...I got some dupli color from crappytire but it dosnt match. It says its for alpine white vw's but didnt look the same

So i need alpine white - L90E
    Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Re: Where to get matching spray paint?

Doesn't match? Wtf sorry man!
    I'd like to make a statment!
    2012 Q5
    2011 A5

Comment

i believe ECS tuning sells a spray bomb type thing. i'm sure with most cans of paint you'll never get a perfect match though.

Comment

Are you sure that your car is alpine white? I'm pretty sure thats a MK2 color. I thought Mk3's were cool white!
        Derek
        Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
        -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
        -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Calgary Body Shop Supplies LTD they will mix the paint and put it in the can

Make sure you have a right paint code check it out in the trunk under the carpet, or on the fuel pump cover
          Chris

DR1665: "DSM: Turning average guys into master mechanics since 1989."

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH
            Are you sure that your car is alpine white? I'm pretty sure thats a MK2 color. I thought Mk3's were cool white!
            Derek
            ya its alpine unless when it got resprayed he changed the color of white.

i think it was pre 95 white mk3's where alpine and post 95 where candy but not sure all i know is my paint code is for alpine white
            Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Comment

Originally posted by PrezeS_PL
              Calgary Body Shop Supplies LTD they will mix the paint and put it in the can

Make sure you have a right paint code check it out in the trunk under the carpet, or on the fuel pump cover
              thx
              i didnt see your post till today...i will give them a call tommorow
              Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Comment

Try paint direct too, my mom works there and I talked to her about making spray bombs....i'm not sure if they have vehicle paint codes though but its another option.
                06 Subaru STi
                Volvo tech

Comment

Originally posted by Silverfire
                  thx
                  i didnt see your post till today...i will give them a call tommorow
                  how did that work out for you? i am thinking about buying a can for my car...
                  2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                  2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

I bought some spray bombs from Calgary Body shop supplies, What I seggest is after they mix the paint, but before they put it in the can have them put some on a paint card and then take it out to see if it matches you car.

Most places I have bought bombs from are willing to do this for you.

Andrew
                    www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

gaffer: How much did they charge for the can? and any idea how big it is?

Comment

it worked good

just make sure u take the actual car there so they can match it up before mixed and like stated above after mixed.
                        Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Comment

how much did the can of paint cost?

Comment

I got a matched can at autovalue, straight off the shelf.....it matched perfect, and it was red (in my 3 years of autobody, red was hardest to match, then white).....looks great...
                            2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                            2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                            2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Originally posted by Aleks
                              I got a matched can at autovalue, straight off the shelf.....it matched perfect, and it was red (in my 3 years of autobody, red was hardest to match, then white).....looks great...
                              Any idea of the name brand and the name of the color?

Comment

Working...
                              X