Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know of any Canadian Porsche recyclers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know of any Canadian Porsche recyclers?

I am looking for Boxster 2.5L Front brake Calipers...
    I have gone through car-part.com and they range from 200-400 for the pair, but most wont ship to Canada...

Re: Anyone know of any Canadian Porsche recyclers?

www.porschapart.com

That's the only place I've ordered used Porsche parts from in Canada. I've used a couple US wreckers too.

Comment

Originally posted by zero10
      www.porschapart.com

That's the only place I've ordered used Porsche parts from in Canada. I've used a couple US wreckers too.
      i know montgomery here in Calgary sometimes gets porsche parts
      RIP 97 Jetta VR

03 A4 1.8T
      02 MB E320

Comment

Already talked to Porschpart and they want $500 for the pair...

I have a tough time biting on that seeing that the calipers range from 100-200usd on car-part.com.. cept most wont ship to Canada.. (First pair I looked at was $250usd... but then sold over the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by dirk_diggler
          i know montgomery here in Calgary sometimes gets porsche parts
          *SHUDDER*
          I can't stand dealing with Montgomery when Steve is out front.
          He has been far too rude to me on far too many occasions for me to tolerate his business practices.
          When Bernie is around, I'll deal with him. He's usually pretty friendly, and has helped me out a number of times.

Comment

Originally posted by zero10
            *SHUDDER*
            I can't stand dealing with Montgomery when Steve is out front.
            He has been far too rude to me on far too many occasions for me to tolerate his business practices.
            When Bernie is around, I'll deal with him. He's usually pretty friendly, and has helped me out a number of times.

what do you expect? its a junk yard not a mercedes dealership
            RIP 97 Jetta VR

03 A4 1.8T
            02 MB E320

Comment

Originally posted by dirk_diggler
              what do you expect? its a junk yard not a mercedes dealership
              What do I expect?....
              Okay, so I am in there last summer, and this guy in front of me is looking for a set of plug wires for some VW, I don't recall the model. Steve gives him a quote of ~$215. The guy was absolutely shocked. The guy behind him in line mentiones to this guy that he should probably call around, because somebody else might have them cheaper, for instance, Concept 1. Upon the mention of the name 'Concept 1', Steve started yelling and screaming, and damn-near literally threw the both of them out. I was 3rd in line, and was just standing there shocked while this all happened. He turned to me and said 'Why don't you get the f*** out too?!?!'

I had done nothing. I was standing there, waiting to ask him about a 944 he had in the yard.....

I expect better than that.

Or, another time, I was standing in there waiting for him to get off the phone. He was talking with a guy (apparently in California), about the interior to a Corrado that he had in the yard, full leather. The guy asked for a price, and he told him to hold on. He put the phone on mute, and talked with Bernie for a short time. The conclusion of his conversation was they didn't want to pack it up to ship it to him, so they would quote him really high so he wouldn't want it. He told the guy the price, and apparently he said something to the effect of "that's steep", because he just went off... "STEEP?!?! STEEP?!?! It's a fucking corrado! Not some fucking pontiac! Just what do YOU think it should cost?!", then slammed the phone down. Of course it rang again almost immediately, when he picked it up he waited a short time, then said "What do you mean that's no way to treat a customer, didn't you hear me the first time?!" and slammed the phone down on the receiver again. It proceeded to ring for almost a full 10 minutes after this....

There are other times that he was very very rude to me or other customers, and I've made a point of walking out every time he throws a fit.
              Yet, Bernie has been nice to me every time I have gone in, has tracked parts down all over the country, and has given me a call when other 944's come into the yard.
              That sounds much more reasonable.

So, why don't I deal with Steve? Because I'm honestly afraid one day he is going to get physical, and he clearly has no respect for his customers.
              When Bernie retires (if he hasn't already), I will no longer give them my business.

Hope this clarifies my stance on Montgomery....

Comment

Originally posted by R-Audi
                I am looking for Boxster 2.5L Front brake Calipers...
                I have gone through car-part.com and they range from 200-400 for the pair, but most wont ship to Canada...
                Have a look here...http://www.vwdov.ca/forum/showthread.php?threadid=89670
                97 GTI VR6

Comment

Called them yesterday and they said they wern't ready to part it out yet.. had to take inventory of the car
                  I responded though.. hopefully he can beat the TO quote.

Comment

Set up a US postal account where you can have parts sent to. Then merely have them send it up here once they are recieved. Failing that use a friend or family you have down there. Failing that I may know of someone who would be willing to accept and resend the package off. Its really not too complicated.
                    It was even easier when I was living in Vancouver still because you just get it sent to a holding company in Pt Roberts or Blaine, whip across the border, pay the $2 they ask for holding it, and bring it back over yourself.
                    Team Highschool
                    Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Working...
                    X