OMG, a TDI at LeMans?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG, a TDI at LeMans?!

You guys probably all heard this already but Audi's replacement for the R8 is the is the R10 and it will be running a 6L V12 all-aluminum TDI engine producing 650hp@5000-ish rpms!

Should be interesting to watch, pit stops will probably be for tires and aero adjustments only, they anticipate being able to race 24 hours on a single tank....

Re: OMG, a TDI at LeMans?!

Originally posted by BadKenny
    You guys probably all heard this already but Audi's replacement for the R8 is the is the R10 and it will be running a 6L V12 all-aluminum TDI engine producing 650hp@5000-ish rpms!

Should be interesting to watch, pit stops will probably be for tires and aero adjustments only, they anticipate being able to race 24 hours on a single tank....
    yes we posted this a few times already on here! as for one tank, no sorry. i can get through 1 tank in 3-4 hours and my car is only 1,9L.
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Re: OMG, a TDI at LeMans?!

Originally posted by bart
      yes we posted this a few times already on here! as for one tank, no sorry. i can get through 1 tank in 3-4 hours and my car is only 1,9L.
      Meh, that's just what the show Max Power said just now...then again it is a British show and they know nothing about cars ...(case in point: Top Gear hates the NSX, and the R32 (they think the Focus RS and the Citroen are better) and basically hate everything but the RS6 from Audi)

Comment

Working...
      X