Ruh Roh! Car gone for 6 months now this!|?1!/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruh Roh! Car gone for 6 months now this!|?1!/1

Driving to a friends house last night... normally down a 50km road.. go to hit boost and...

Its completely gone!

No boost on the gauge, no turbo spooling and NO POWER what so ever. Needless o say I am a little worried that the turbo lady came and visited me. I have been searching thru forums trying to figure out whats going on, and right now it points towards seized turbo, or a problem with the wastegate which could also mean new turbo. I am planning on the doing 3+ upgrade in the spring once I save up some cash, but it looks like Visa may be sporting the bill!

I wonder if C1 will offer a discount on the 3+ upgrade...
    Last edited by R-Audi; 01-28-2006, 10:35 PM.

Re: Ruh Roh! Car gone for 6 months now this!|?1!/1

Originally posted by R-Audi
    Driving to a friends house last night... normally down a 50km road.. go to hit boost and...

Its completely gone!

No boost on the gauge, no turbo spooling and NO POWER what so ever. Needless o say I am a little worried that the turbo lady came and visited me. I have been searching thru forums trying to figure out whats going on, and right now it points towards seized turbo, or a problem with the wastegate which could also mean new turbo. I am planning on the doing 3+ upgrade in the spring once I save up some cash, but it looks like Visa may be sporting the bill!

I wonder if C1 will offer a discount on the 3+ upgrade...
    brutal... possibly a problem with oil lines?
    ~~TODD~~
    '12 x5 35d fully deleted (DUDMD Stg2)

Comment

Sucks to hear.

Hopefully its your turbo since you were planning on stg3+ anyways. How many km's on the 28r?
      2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Comment

hope its not as bad as it sounds... i did in a turbo on my TDI. not a happy time.
        Stefan
        -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
        -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Hopefully maybe just a vac line came loose (hence the wastegate not operating)...if it is the wastegate actuator, Forge makes replacements so that won't be a new turbo. So don't worry too much...yet.

Comment

After only a visual inspection no lines seem to be out of place... but I am going thru the whole intake teardown today to see if I can spin the turbo by hand... wish me luck!

Im not sure how many km are on the turbo...I hae had it for close to 30,000km, not sure when it was put on the car.

Comment

Well it turns out luck was on my side.. somewhat. It ended up being the actuator arm came unattached to the wastegate arm... so I got it back together no problem.. but since I didnt have a c-clip to hold it on... it came off again on the way home. At least now I know what to do! (Dont need to take off the whole inlet piping..)

Comment

glad to hear mark.. now zip up here and pick up this crap LOL.. or if you come to thursday meet i can give it to you

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                  glad to hear mark.. now zip up here and pick up this crap LOL.. or if you come to thursday meet i can give it to you
                  I'll see if I can make it on thrusday.. gotta get that damn thing fixed again!
                  Anyone know if Home Depot carries C-Clips?

Comment

Originally posted by R-Audi
                    I'll see if I can make it on thrusday.. gotta get that damn thing fixed again!
                    Anyone know if Home Depot carries C-Clips?
                    I believe they have them in with the nuts n bolts.
                    Name: Brent
                    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
                    X