Clear All

• Well, the order is in.....

2006 Volvo V50
    T5
    AWD
    Sport package
    White
    6spd Manual

Should be here in about 2 months (ships from Belgium I believe). It was more than a Jetta but with no one able to provide a real date on a GLI, OR a 4 door GTI (or if we'll even get them for that matter) plus other reasons we decided on the Volvo. We also had no intention of getting AWD either but with the incentives, the lower rate on the AWD it worked out to only a few hundred bucks more.

I've done a lot of research and apart from a few small issues (mostly on early 05's) they look like they are really solid cars so it shouldn't need TOO many trips to the dealership (but it is still Euro).

The only dissapointing bit is that there isn't much of an "aftermarket comunity" but I think I can live with that (and I still have the rabbit).

I can't wait!! (I think with a chip I should be able to take Ryan too! )

P.S. Big thanks to the guys at 5th Ave. for working with us on the Jetta, it was really close (really close) but we were able to make the Volvo work (My wife really wants one), it was a very good experience, I recommend going to them if you have any questions or want to try out the new 2.0T. (anyway, just wanted to get that in there).
    Last edited by Tuna; 01-21-2006, 07:03 PM.
    Jay

Re: Well, the order is in.....

Originally posted by Tuna
    2006 Volvo V50
    T5
    AWD
    Sport package
    White
    6spd Manual

Should be here in about 2 months (ships from Belgium I believe). It was more than a Jetta but with no one able to provide a real date on a GLI, OR a 4 door GTI (or if we'll even get them for that matter) plus other reasons we decided on the Volvo. We also had no intention of getting AWD either but with the incentives, the lower rate on the AWD it worked out to only a few hundred bucks more.

I've done a lot of research and apart from a few small issues (mostly on early 05's) they look like they are really solid cars so it shouldn't need TOO many trips to the dealership (but it is still Euro).

The only dissapointing bit is that there isn't much of an "aftermarket comunity" but I think I can live with that (and I still have the rabbit).

I can't wait!! (I think with a chip I should be able to take Ryan too! )

P.S. Big thanks to the guys at 5th Ave. for working with us on the Jetta, it was really close (really close) but we were able to make the Volvo work (My wife really wants one), it was a very good experience, I recommend going to them if you have any questions or want to try out the new 2.0T. (anyway, just wanted to get that in there).

Great choice!! I'd be all over one too, I love the volvo look! What colour?
    2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
    2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
    2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Originally posted by Aleks
      Great choice!! I'd be all over one too, I love the volvo look! What colour?
      It's white (another reason we wanted to wait for a GLI).
      Jay

Comment

Congratulation. AWD has it own advantage. Do you know what kind of AWD Volvo using? Well, I think a car built right in the first place will not have a lot of aftermarket mods available.

Anyway, there are like two types of people that love cars, one is buy a fast car in the first place and the other is buy a slower car then mod it to become fast. Both types are okay, but the guy with the slower car will need to pour more money and time.

Volvo, good choice.
        Last edited by B5; 01-21-2006, 07:53 PM.

Comment

nice jason! i can't wait.. the euro club is really going now!!!

so what's the specs on it then?

i don't think many will be able to catch me other than dom by this summer but we'll see

Comment

nice
            i have always been a fan of Volvo's
            Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Comment

B5 - Volvo is Haldex AWD
              Ryan - specs are 218hp
              236lb/ft (right from 1500 to 4800ish)

It's pretty quick, just needs some lowering (I have yet to find a spring shock combo, all I can find is springs only) and some wheels and tires, but that won't be for a while.
              Last edited by Tuna; 01-21-2006, 08:27 PM.
              Jay

Comment

cool jason! take your time with the mods.. i've researched mine a ton now.. ie.. coilovers for B5s are the way to go.. spring/shocks are bad..

i'm modding my S4 pretty slowly. well it seems slow so far compared to my jetta

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                  cool jason! take your time with the mods.. i've researched mine a ton now.. ie.. coilovers for B5s are the way to go.. spring/shocks are bad..

i'm modding my S4 pretty slowly. well it seems slow so far compared to my jetta
                  I'll come by and beat all you fools up with my RS4
                  2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                  2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                  2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Congrats Jason I am sure you will be happy with the new ride and cannot go wrong with a white sport wagen
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Nice choice Jason! I've always liked the newer gen Volvos. Can't wait to see the pics
                      Derick

Comment

Working...
                      X