Used mk4 look headlights for a mk3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used mk4 look headlights for a mk3

I'm in the process of talking to a guy about a used pair of mk4 look headlights. Here is the FS thread: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2383141

As you can see they aren't in perfect condition, but it's a pretty good price.
    So far here's what he's said:

actually now that I think about it, I don't think the tabs are broken/missing, just part of the tab is broken off. No big deal, you just have to use a washer to get a good hold of the tab. The hole is like a perfect circle half inch hole in the cover on the rear of the light. Like I mentioned, easy fix with a plg and some epoxy or sealant. nothing functional about it other than sealing up the light. And yeah, modifying the rad support is very easy. dremel with a little metal cutoff wheel or 2 does the trick. I happened to use a rotozip with metal cut off wheel
    OK, so you can see the lower outer bracket has been buzzed down. With brackets hower you can still attach the bracket to the light (and the bracket to the car of course). Also on on light you'll see where one part of a bracket was trimmed a touch to fit better on a north american car. And in the last pic you'll see the holes. I forgot there are 2 little ones and the 3/4" one. Remember though I have a new (no holes) cover for one of them. and the one with the holes is easy to seal. I'll look around to see if I have a cap that would fit that too.

He's asking for 200$ shipped (US)

What does everyone think?
    I'd like to make a statment!
    2012 Q5
    2011 A5

Re: Used mk4 look headlights for a mk3

if they come with the hids go for it for that price

Comment

Re: Used mk4 look headlights for a mk3

No I'm pretty sure they don't
      I'd like to make a statment!
      2012 Q5