Anyone running GIAC X+ software?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone running GIAC X+ software?????

How do you like it? power, drivability ect. Have you had any problems/issues? Do you recommend the OBD port device? and finally, where did you get your car flashed? I heard Tunerwerks is the local distributor for Alberta.

Thanks for any input
    Tint sucks

Re: Anyone running GIAC X+ software?????

Didn't work out too well for me... Lots of power but very poor driveability. I also tried APR and REVO. For me APR was the best. Not as much power as GIAC but super smooth Everyone's car is different though. They have a 30 day money back guaranty if you don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1.8T_WOT
      Didn't work out too well for me... Lots of power but very poor driveability. I also tried APR and REVO. For me APR was the best. Not as much power as GIAC but super smooth Everyone's car is different though. They have a 30 day money back guaranty if you don't like it.
      Did you get it from Tunerworks? Did you get the flashloader/OBD device?

I'm thinking I might get the GIAC for the power, but I will get the flashloader so that I can switch it back to stock mode for everyday driving.

Was the drivability that bad? any surging?
      Tint sucks

Comment

cough APR cough

Comment

Originally posted by Duby T
          Did you get it from Tunerworks? Did you get the flashloader/OBD device?

I'm thinking I might get the GIAC for the power, but I will get the flashloader so that I can switch it back to stock mode for everyday driving.

Was the drivability that bad? any surging?
          I'm not sure that it was compressor surging...maybe. More like a periodic and irregular boost hesitation that made driving miserable at part throttle. It was bad enough that I had to have the software removed (yes, at Tunerworks).

Yes, I had the remote. It's pretty clumbsy IMO. I prefer APR's cruise-control interface. Anyway, hopefully you'll have better luck than I did.

Comment

Working...
          X