Short Shifter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Shifter?

Any of you guys running a short shifter? I'm thinking of doing the C1 SS since its local and I've read its the exact same as neuspeeds but way cheaper. I want to sit in somebodys car and just shift around to see what one is like in our cars. That way I can get C1 to install it for me next month when I get them to install my coils.

edit: Not doing coils until mid June so if we meet on the 7'th or 8th it would be the perfect demo day for me

I heard the Audi TT short shift part works and is only $30 bucks! The reduced throw might not be as much but I hear its noticable and also much smoother. I just worry how to install it, I am not an expert under the hood
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I bought Volinders - haven't installed it yet. Whenever C1 gets my sparco pedals in stock I'll get it done and you can check it out.

The install looks doable by a mere mortal, but after reading the walkthrough I don't want to touch it. Lots of little plastic bits to lose/break.

Khyron
      Geoff
      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

8N0-711-051

I think that since the reduction is less on this shifter it may be less liable to do damage due to grinding. Mostly I would be interested because people have said that the "feel" of the shift is smoother with this part...
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

If I can install the TT short shifter, than a monkey with arthritis can. Its really not that bad. I found about 3 or 4 sets of instructions on the 'net. The best by far were the ones posted on the Ottawa VDub site. I think I may still have them at home if you can't find them.
          Pat
          Driver Found: Camber Wanted

Comment

Wow Peter you don't plan these things out, just kind of spontaneously buy Let us know how it goes, I would do it if I had any idea how it went in. $64 is cheap!
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Here are the instructions for installing the TT Short Shifter. After a little searching I found the link!

http://www.ottawa-vdubbing.com/info/.../ttshifter.htm

I seem to remember finding a couple other sets of instructions at the time. The Autotech (rebranded TT shifter) instructions didn't say much more than "remove the old one, put in the new one". The DieselGeek ones weren't bad, but these ones were definitely the best.

I didn't have to measure or mark the amount of exposed thread in step 2. The exposed portion was really dusty in comparison to the clean covered portion, so it was sort of self marking.

Good luck.
              Pat

Comment

Peter, what's the verdict on the TT shifter?

I'm still looking for my first mod and a short shifter would be nice. I am looking for something not too short however, I don't want to mash my gears.
                Neil
                '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

peter's too broke to pick it up.. they keep harrassing him bout it..

Comment

What about MrHeavyFoot. How do you like your TT shifter?

Peter, I may be able to help you out if I get some good responses on this.
                    Neil

mods to my car

Comment

Originally posted by lsc2g
                      peter's too broke to pick it up.. they keep harrassing him bout it..
                      I was gonna buy it off you if they kept harrassing you.
                      Neil

mods to my car

Comment

Originally posted by Fluidic Digital
                        I'm going to go pick it up now -- as soon as I remove my K04 UPsolute software from my car! :mrtongue:

Peter
                        Right on. Now you can tell me if you like it.
                        Neil

mods to my car

Comment

Originally posted by 1.8Trip
                          What about MrHeavyFoot. How do you like your TT shifter?

Peter, I may be able to help you out if I get some good responses on this.
                          Its good. Reasonably tight, not notchy. But in all honesty, after 2 weeks, you'll forget it's there. (Unless you are driving a second, stock dub regularly.)
                          Pat

Comment

I think I'm gonna get me one.:thumbsup:
                            Neil

mods to my car

Comment

Peter,

I just got off the phone with the parts dude at Glenmore Audi. I have ordered the part! BUT, the part is now $70.34. Is there a huge demand for these now or what?!
                              Neil

mods to my car

Comment

Working...
                              X