Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please

I'm going to change the serp belt on my vr, but Mr. bentley tells me I need a m8x80 to relieve the tension. Does anyone have such a thing and wouldn't mind letting me borrow it?
    I'd like to make a statment!
    2012 Q5
    2011 A5

Re: Help please

Originally posted by Mitcheh
    I'm going to change the serp belt on my vr, but Mr. bentley tells me I need a m8x80 to relieve the tension. Does anyone have such a thing and wouldn't mind letting me borrow it?
    Sounds like its a bolt, get it at home depot or any hardware store. I cold be wrong.
    Heres a thread a found it in: Here
    Graeme

2015 S4
    2018 Monster 1200S

Comment

Originally posted by Triple G
      Sounds like its a bolt, get it at home depot or any hardware store. I cold be wrong.
      Heres a thread a found it in: Here
      I guess that's what I'll have to do, i was hoping I could just borrow one.
      2012 Q5
      2011 A5

Comment

I guess that's what I'll have to do, i was hoping I could just borrow one.
        Well i'm thinking that bolt will probably be less than a buck so not really sure if it would be worth trying to borrow one
        Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna
          Well i'm thinking that bolt will probably be less than a buck so not really sure if it would be worth trying to borrow one

Sure it would be a buck if I could FIND one. I checked home depot, bolt supply house and calgary fasteners and no go. They recommended me to a place called "Triad" or something... Anyone know where that is?
          2012 Q5
          2011 A5

Comment

Sure it would be a buck if I could FIND one. I checked home depot, bolt supply house and calgary fasteners and no go. They recommended me to a place called "Triad" or something... Anyone know where that is?
            Triad is on 40th Ave NE. Get onto McKnight, turn south on 19th st. First left is 40th. Laser Equations is on the corner. They have some good stuff there.

Could always call up a stealership, they should have some for when they do it. Might even give it to ya.
            Jeff
            Current: 2017 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line
            Previous: 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line, 2001 VW Jetta

Comment

They say a m8x60 works also.
              Graeme

2015 S4
              2018 Monster 1200S

Comment

Dude, drop by SCFC and I will give you one...
                Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
                You dig sucka?!

Comment

Originally posted by Volkstech
                  Dude, drop by SCFC and I will give you one...
                  I might take you up on that offer. There is a guy on CVD who has one, once I find out where he lives I'll decide to get his or yours. Are you at work tomorrow?
                  2012 Q5
                  2011 A5

Comment

Working...
                  X