Tunerworks - I don't plan on ever buying from em again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tunerworks - I don't plan on ever buying from em again

So here's the long story. Most of you heard about the fact that I was buying rims from them before. The last meet, I wanted to put on the rims. Those rims I ordered in january on a group order, it said on the invoice, at latest mid march, I got mine beginning of may. So anyways I suck up the delay, thinking well I got a good deal.

So I'm at home, I'm planning on eating dinner then putting them on, so I get a call from them saying that they messed up on the invoice, turns out I was underbilled and they want permission to bill us some more. I didn't realize that it was off, but it was a 120 dollar difference, but I changed tires halfway through so I figured that was the difference. I went along with that because I felt bad about it, so I let them take the extra money.

Those rims didn't fit, wrong offsets, it said right on the invoice the required offsets for my car but no these indeed were not them. Did not fit. They said to use spacers but I would rather not.

So anyways they cooperate and get me some new rims, got them today, I bring them home, planning to put em on my car this afternoon but no, the hub rings don't fit. They are too deep, so anyways thats where its at, turns out they don't have any that will fit in stock so they are overnighting them and allegedly they should be in tommorow. I'm so close to saying you know what, give me the money that it would cost to buy the same sorta price range wheel somewhere else. This is now the third screw up on their part.

So anyways, anyone considering buying from them DON'T its not worth the hassle.
    *edit*
    Peter - I don't need to hear the I told you so thing again :yahsure:

*edit2*
    So I phone up C1 to see if I can get comparable rims from them, turns out its cheaper, and the chances of them messing up are less, I guess I'll go see them tommorow and just get the money back from TW
    Last edited by Smartiepants; 05-13-2003, 05:46 PM.
    Nick
    There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    --Albert Einstein

Sorry about your luck man, that really sucks I have never dealt with tunerworks but from what I hear it will porbably remain that way.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

what rims are these???
      2004 Nissan Murano

2006 BMW 330i, 6 -speed, Sparkling Graphite, Sport package, Premium package

Comment

FRD 30's 17"
        Nick
        There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
        --Albert Einstein

Comment

I'd like to add that I'll be getting my money back and will be going to c1 from now on, I've learned my lesson.

But anyways now looking at the rims c1 carries I don;t know what to get, I've narrowed it down to the FRD 30 or 60, and the Inxx type C. Any opinions?
          Nick
          --Albert Einstein

Comment

Actually I went today and cooler head prevailed, they matched c1's price and beat it, plus the 712s were cheaper from them. I'm still not really happy with the service but it worked out.
            Nick
            --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Smartiepants
              Actually I went today and cooler head prevailed, they matched c1's price and beat it, plus the 712s were cheaper from them. I'm still not really happy with the service but it worked out.
              Yeah sounds like the situation was a bit of a pain but Junior's a good guy and you should give him the benefit of the doubt.
              Yuval
              2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

Working...
              X